Disney Fort Wilderness Booked!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Babiaca, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Babiaca

Babiaca New Member

I am pregnant and due in June so my husband has not been willing to take me camping as much as I'd like this spring. I can't really blame him but it sure has me itching to plan ahead. So today I booked a Fort Wilderness campsite for late February 2017! We'll have a 9 and 5 year old as well as an 8 month old who I haven't even met yet. We booked loop 21 closer ro bathrooms since our pop-up doesn't have 1. Any tips on planning from y'all?

2. highside pup

highside pup Active Member

Enjoy the great experience!

3. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

I have a million ideas for you, there are a lot of thoughts, however, already on this site. Just put "fort wilderness" into the search bar and spend hours reading.

I think top three things are: space out your park visits and enjoy fort wilderness on the off days. Bring bikes to get around the campground--8 month will fit in one of those baby backpacks. Bring your own food so you don't pay Disney food prices--i.e. bring smore kit to the free camp sing-a-long with chip and dale. Fun stuff!

4. BIGTOM

BIGTOM Member

I don't know about 21 loop, never heard of it, the partial loops a Fort Wilderness are 1500 and 2000. I have stayed in both several times and like both loops. For a lot of info about Fort Wilderness, go to WWW.fortfiends.net and anything you want to know will be answered there, sometimes right which is more than I can say for some places. BigTom

5. 2beagle

2beagle Member

Congrats! We're going this August, plan to request loop 1500.

6. Steven Wolf

Steven Wolf New Member

Be aware that there are no fire rings and you can only use a Disney authorized fire pit. Basically it's the chimney type. you can google it for pictures. Nothing with a open flame or even a screen top cover.

7. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

The weekend of Feb 23rd is race weekend. My wife is doing half marathon, I'm doing the 5k. We'll be a Fort Wilderness the whole week, so say hello if you see us! We'll be in 1500 loop with the glamped popup.