DLB800 Winch replacing friction disc help

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by hollywood703, Apr 9, 2012.

1. hollywood703

hollywood703 New Member

I am in need of basic technical information on how to remove the assembly of the gears to replace a worn out friction disc. I have the winch apart, except the spindle with the gears. I have a ~1" box end and a round steel piece inside with a opening for what appears to be a flat head screw driver or similar. I may need to hit this with some heat to help loosen it from over the years, but my question is if I place the square handle attachment in a vice, do I place a flat head inside and crank it clockwise, counter clockwise or am I not understanding its assembly correctly. Anyone who has worked on a winch similar would love to hear from you. My winch is in excellent shape other than the friction disc, and would rather spend $6 on the disk than $90 on a new winch. I dont have a local dealership to check with them. Thanks

2. hollywood703

hollywood703 New Member

I am all set now, going to end up ordering a new winch.....but to no avail as we are pulling the pins on an upgrade to a 29' travel trailer this week. Thanks for all the help over the years.......