Do any of my fellow Canadians have a lead on where I can get >>>

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Darian1952, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Darian1952

Darian1952 New Member

...custom wheels for my pop-up? There are a bunch in the US but the shipping charges to Canada make it cost prohibitive. $79.00 each seems like a good deal until you tack on $115.00 US just for shipping, when shipping is FREE in the US. I could have them shipped to Anacortes, WA and be there in 20 minutes if I owned a speedboat. What do you think, Kal-Tire, or...? Forget Canadian Tire. Google isn't helping me much. Any Americans visiting Victoria BC in the near future? Buy me some wheels and I'll meet you in Victoria? lol

2. MsMac

MsMac Well-Known Member

Yeah, I used to, on occasion, do the final leg of shipping for some of my Canadian friends. That got old real quick. LOL But, yeah, shipping from the States to Canada is really stupid expensive.

Can you not get over the border to pick them up? Maybe make a weekend of it?

3. Darian1952

Darian1952 New Member

If I have to eventually I will. We get to Seattle occasionally to visit friends but I'd like to do this sooner than later and we have a busy summer here.

4. Scotia 55

Scotia 55 Member

Try Jensen Trailers in Oshawa. I bought my Load D Kenda's from them. Nobody could beat their price! They had to bring them in from the US but they were still $75/tire cheaper then E-Trailer(not including duties-where I am sure I would have got raked further)!

They also do on-line.

https://jensentrailers.com/shop/trailer-parts

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Scotia, think he is talking about rims not tires... If so unfortunately not alot of choices up here... Best bet would be to have the shipped to one of those border UPS mailbox stores or one of the many other similar places and make a camping to pick them up..

6. Scotia 55

Scotia 55 Member

Thanks Snow! My impression of them is that they deal in everything trailer related. Rims, tires, big rig tractor trailers, small trailers, RV's etc...

I may be wrong. Though it can't hurt to email Lora: at parts@jensentrailers.com. Didn't appear to be much on their website but if you email her I am sure she will locate your particular rim and give you a quote.

7. hahahamilton

hahahamilton Member

Check out Cerka Industries. They are located in Ontario but ship in Canada.

http://www.cerka.ca/

8. Darian1952

Darian1952 New Member

Thanks, guys!

9. Darian1952

Darian1952 New Member

Thanks for the tip on Cerka! Check this out. $129.00 ea and about $80.00 shipping to Vancouver island! Better than $115.00 US shipping! AS an added bonus, the pretty much match the wheels on the Xterra![​IMG]