Do you ever feel like a 2nd class citizen in a PUP?

jlynn58

Super Active Member
Jul 9, 2011
Talonman said:
You know ripping on the TT and 5th wheel people is the same as them ripping on us, kind of hypocritical don't you think?

The true "campers" are the worst, camping is about being out of the house having fun, who are they to say that camping in a hard side RV is less camping or any kind of nice items make it less pure. Man some of the best "trips" people have are in the driveway, to each their own I say....

Can't we all just get along [:D]

I second this!!!! [%] [%] [%] [%]

froggie

Sep 2, 2012
I love my pup, but you got to admit that people who invest what they do in some of big rigs must really love camping.

Talonman

Aug 1, 2012
Yes but even in the pup ranks this goes one, I bought a highwall cause its awesome, do the lower trim level pups look at me like I am one of the elitist unpure campers, do I look at the guy with an 8' box like he is a second class second class camper? So am I a first class second class camper?

We all have our things, if a guy wants to buy a 30' rig then who are we to say they are wrong, really?

Why is the first reaction to pick on them to make us feel better about what we have, my in laws have a 30' 5th and it is awesome, how can it not be awesome, they also think my HW is awesome.

What is wrong with "dude nice set up" rather than "that is so stupid and your not really camping", some people act like a bunch of teenagers.

Whew I'm good now lol

CommaHolly

Mar 28, 2012
Talonman said:
You know ripping on the TT and 5th wheel people is the same as them ripping on us, kind of hypocritical don't you think?

The true "campers" are the worst, camping is about being out of the house having fun, who are they to say that camping in a hard side RV is less camping or any kind of nice items make it less pure. Man some of the best "trips" people have are in the driveway, to each their own I say....

Can't we all just get along [:D]

AMEN!

what works for my family may not work for yours and vice versa.

Since the dawn of man, he's been looking for ways to make sleeping outside more comfortable,,,,,,,,,,,,,we're still doing it today.

Mickeyrv

Week day camping is great
Jul 22, 2012
Most if not all of us started out using a tent, then a pop up, then what we currently have. I love to see pop ups and camp among them, it brings back many memories of when my now grown children were young and much more fun. They have all grown up, and married, then moved away. The wife and I just cannot enjoy the pop up experience like we once did. so now its a full blown TT with things that most pop ups don't have. I can not remember all the trips my 2 boys, wife, and I have taken in a pop up. Wish I could go back to those times and do it all again, Do I look down on pop up owners. NO I wish I was still young enough to enjoy one.

BigBaron

Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...
Jun 21, 2012
Being on the road with a class C for two weeks has really opened my eyes. There are some monster rigs out there, and the Fleetwood Avalon looks puny compared to them!
Not a single person has said a bad thing about us having a pop-up.
It's nice having an oven, A/C, shower and everything, but for just weekends and short trips, I'm going to enjoy camping dry again. (but I can see now why some people have A/C!)

Blue2

I teach them how to light fires, safely.
Aug 22, 2012
Whenever I am camping I am 1st class regardless of sleeping under stars, bed of truck, picnic table, tent or a pup! I am out enjoying nature with everyone else which makes us all 1st class. Some think they are better then others, they exist everywhere and that's their loss. I think we are all equal and what makes me happy may not make another happy but at least we are all trying to enjoy nature a bit more, or in some cases travel or live inexpensively!

Ericka75

Hello From Miami, Florida
Jul 17, 2013
Let's go back on time.... What was the first type of camper [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] Obviously it was a pop up, regardless of what model or size or brand, was still a pop up...Let's see it this way, the pop up just the beginning of the camping vehicles out there. The big rigs are currently the biggest around, but in a few years they will be obsolete, in this life everything is just but temporary.

[HY] [HY] [HY] [HY] [HY] P.S. Pop us Rule!!!! [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [HY] [HY] [HY] [HY] [SUN]

Harvardroger

If it feels good, do it! If it hurts, Stop!
Sep 5, 2011
I was going to ponder this topic during our meal on the last trip, but I was too busy eating steamed lobster tails, grilled veggies, and enjoying a bottle of champaign with DW by the campfire to get around to it. [:D]

Wizfisher

Super Active Member
Mar 5, 2009
Ericka75 said:
Many people make fun of other people just to hide their unsecureness. They want to make other feel less because they feel less themselves.

Do not even worry, is not worth it....Look at it this way, at least you do not have a $10000 + debt!!! jajajajaja [LOL]

The irony. [:D]

sbirch923

Jul 26, 2013
We have owned several types of campers; tent, class A, pull behind, and pop up. My favorite of all is the PUP!!!! Low cost, more room, and I love to hear the sound of the rain on the canvas. After all the campers, we have bought a pop up again. I enjoy it more than I ever did the Class A. I don't feel I got the feel of camping when I was closed up in the Class A.

Talonman

Aug 1, 2012
While we have not pulled the trigger yet I really think the hybrid will be the right balance for us, as long as people still drive small cars the pop up will live on IMO. I have a TV that can pull a TT but I don't want that much but want more than the PUP so that leads me to a ROO, 5-6K and under 25' long. When coming from a HW I don't think the change is as huge as when coming from a real small PUP.

corjen2

Aug 29, 2010
I dont know if 2nd class is the right term......but I know I was a bit jealous a few weeks ago while camping with some friends that have a TT......... it was hot as heck, 100's during the day and rained the last 2 days we were out.....them - cool and dry - Us, Hot and wet....... I think pups are perfect spring and fall campers.......at least in my neck of the woods.

kpic

Super Active Member
Jul 7, 2013
Anyone who camps is a fellow camper. Anyone who trashes others, is wrong. Way back in the beginning Neecie vented about something her child repeated.

Then james13619 posted this:

james13619 said:
Somebody's idea of funny ...

Take a good look at this brochure I picked up at a local RV parts place ...
Up near the top you can see a Class A dumping its sewage right on a popup!!!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-mTGY-wS-x7U/Ua5RQGNTYMI
[/quote]

Personally I don't consider people who would created a brochure of a Class A dumping sewerage on a PUP, a Hybrid, or anything else to have any class or manners. That brochure is crude and distasteful.

A co-worker goes all over the US to hike for miles and camp in a tent in some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen pictures of. Another co-worker has a 5th wheel because he travels to compete his dogs at Agility and often dog friendly motels are filled. We have a PUP. Everyone enjoys what they do and enjoys sharing our experiences with each other.

However, when someone trashes others for owning whatever it is they want to own, it ain't right. We wanted a PUP so we bought one; if we would have wanted something else, we would have bought it.

Past that, everyone should enjoy what they have.

RubberSoul

Jun 27, 2013
We were camping in our pup the first time and this person in a class A said told me "I had a lot of fun camping in a pop up back when we were poor." I thought that was pretty rude.

Wizfisher

Super Active Member
Mar 5, 2009
kpic said:
Anyone who camps is a fellow camper. Anyone who trashes others, is wrong. Way back in the beginning Neecie vented about something her child repeated.

Then james13619 posted this:

Personally I don't consider people who would created a brochure of a Class A dumping sewerage on a PUP, a Hybrid, or anything else to have any class or manners. That brochure is crude and distasteful.

A co-worker goes all over the US to hike for miles and camp in a tent in some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen pictures of. Another co-worker has a 5th wheel because he travels to compete his dogs at Agility and often dog friendly motels are filled. We have a PUP. Everyone enjoys what they do and enjoys sharing our experiences with each other.

However, when someone trashes others for owning whatever it is they want to own, it ain't right. We wanted a PUP so we bought one; if we would have wanted something else, we would have bought it.

Past that, everyone should enjoy what they have.

Well said.

Talonman

Aug 1, 2012
Or at least remember the whole "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"

Much like if I said GMC trucks are the best and all others are 2nd rate, while this statement is true it does not need to be said as it will benefit no one ;)

vanjr

Jul 3, 2013
RubberSoul said:
We were camping in our pup the first time and this person in a class A said told me "I had a lot of fun camping in a pop up back when we were poor." I thought that was pretty rude.

I love it when I hear comments like that. Especially since many times the person saying it may earn less than who they are talking to. :)

jlynn58

Super Active Member
Jul 9, 2011
We live in a moblie home park so I get looks and comments all the time about where we live. I just say I'm trailer trash and proud of it. I sold our pup and bought our HTT to go camping just like we did in the tent and the popup. Just Keep On Camping People!!! [%] [%] [%]