Do you ever feel like a 2nd class citizen in a PUP?

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by Neecie, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Ok i dont think i comented on this one. I never felt aecond class but did get some people who thought i was. So , when i had the pup , i got the last full hook up spot in a camper resort. I got funny looks from the neighbors who had giant RVs. One set of people came up to me and was surpised on how big the pup was but they said i should leave the full hook ups for the rigs that have bathrooms. I had to explaine that i had a toilet and a shower, lol. They were pretty surprised at that. And no matter what class i was, i was still next to the giant 300k rvs, lol. Only other time was when my daughter asked if we were poor. I said no why did you ask that. She said everyone else had real nice campers and we had a tent. Lol. She did learn the pup was pretty cool and i since upgraded to a TT. The upgrade was for us both. The little bit of extra storage, and ease of no canvas helped me. And no bugs helped her. So even if pups are second class, you all good in my book!

2. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Very cool on the old tent camper. I'm sure many people will stop to say hi

3. Guzzy

Guzzy New Member

I'm 40 and have been camping in a PUP since I could walk. In all my years playing with kids and now socializing with other adults, I have never heard or got the impression that I'm looked at as 2nd class. I'm a working class fella and of course I COULD go out and finance a TT, but I choose not to. My wife and kids love our PUP. We save the money that we could have spent on a nice TT and go on a really nice vacation every year. Although, that backfired a bit and now my wife is addicted to cruises LOL!!! We actually joined membership at an RV resort last year and have had nothing but great and positive experiences with campers of big and small TTs.

WVBiggin and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

I always had plenty of people stop and ask about my 66 Apache Raven when I had it. They were even more impressed with how small it folded down when leaving.

rover rob and Overland like this.
  5. Overland

Overland Active Member

RV's, and even larger PUP's cant get into where I typically camp.. so no looking down their nose at me. Actually i'm in upper class of snob as most my friends are tenters. ;)

#JeepLife.. :)

kcsa75 likes this.
  6. TheLight75

TheLight75 New Member

My GF recently got an XC90 and we were both VERY surprised to find out it's rated for 6,000 lbs towing capacity. When pulling the PUP, I barely fell any extra drag during acceleration.

7. Eric Webber

Eric Webber Active Member

It’s a very good tow vehicle for anything under 6000lbs. I bet it would be fine for double that

8. chof2018

chof2018 New Member

I had a customer that pulled a 2 place horse trailer with an Xc90, they had a fairly steep driveway. Probably the steepest grade I’ve seen in Michigan and it pulled it up there no problem.