Do you have a specific campsite at a specific campground that is your favorite?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by epcotisbest, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Mcmastercraft1!

Mcmastercraft1! New Member

In Mississippi- Paradise Ranch and Resort is a must! Just an hour and a half north of New Orleans

epcotisbest likes this.
  2. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

Our all time favorite campsite views.
    Badlands NP
    Roosevelt NP
    F891ED6A-DFAE-4639-82D3-FF48754FAD7A.jpeg DE8185E8-DF09-4CF2-9D8E-B24507F55B48.jpeg

3. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

8A56DBEA-1C06-4286-9173-5557387D55C7.jpeg Our favorite site at our favorite CG.
    The site is at the back of the campground which is the highest point overlooking the whole CG. It is easy to pull into and has a larger area than most.
    The CG is small, usually not crowded, mostly tent campers, wooded in a cove at the base of mountains, has large boulders that the kids climb on, we know the park rangers, has mountain stream to play in, we backpack the backcountry.
    It’s our happy place.

4. NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

Yes but I am not posting here for everyone to see.:p

It is not well known or used,going to keep it that way.

5. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Ours would be Mile High Campground on the Cherokee Indian Res. It is $25 a night your camping at 5500 feet. In July you need to bring fall cloths cause temps can drop into the upper 30's at night. Highs are around mid 60's during the day while the valley is in the 80-90's. Plus the elk just walk around the campground.
    www.campmilehigh.com

20180720_180538.jpg

20180720_200852_HDR.jpg

20180725_205217_HDR.jpg

Rik Peery, Tracy D. and Natureangel like this.
  6. penny

penny Well-Known Member

Reading these posts makes me realize how much planning ahead camping in some states involves. We are still able to take off without reservations. If planning to go to an improved campground, reservations are sometimes required. But we are accustomed to finding a spot when we arrive. Most of our favorite spots are in dispersed camping areas, and we seldom see other campers. Our favorite site in a campground is at Roberts Lake, and unless it's a late fall weekday, we seldom even try to get it. A lot of campgrounds in NM are not on any kind of reservation system. But as use increases, some now offer a percentage of their sites as reservable.

My son who has the big trailer never plans any kind of trip without advanced reservations. I still have a hard time getting used to that, but I realize now, you pretty much have to know where you will be staying when you are towing 29' and 2 bedrooms behind you. I've realized that one of the biggest stresses with longer trips is when you can't find anywhere to stay at the end of the day. So a schedule is a necessity.

Because we like to way into out of the way places, I wish we still had a pop up. But so far, anyway, the trailer we have now has not really caused any real limitations in getting into nice spots. sometimes we un-hitch the trailer and scout ahead before heading down a forest road with the trailer.

gladecreekwy and epcotisbest like this.
  7. penak

penak New Member

Great pics[​IMG]

8. epcotisbest

epcotisbest Active Member

That is really nice. I can't imagine the thrill of bison right outside the camper. We have a squirrel wander by sometimes, but that is hardly the same.

kcsa75 likes this.
  9. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

We really like CLOUDLAND CANYON State Park off of I59 Trenton GA exit. This is up on lookout mtn and lots of trails and a hugh canyon view... We always stay on the West Rim side of the canyon... Looking at the East Rim side from the west rim side haha...

[​IMG]

Great fall foliage...
    [​IMG]

Most of the camp sites on the West Rim side have fence rails around them... Kinda neat...

[​IMG]
    Roy's images

Always wanted to venture out West for camping off-grid but never got to do much of that... Drives are too long to enjoy any of that living in the East USA King George VA...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

10. epcotisbest

Beautiful campsite. Thanks for sharing. Do you ever get over to NE Georgia? You should try Tallulah Gorge State Park or Black Rock Mountain, or both.

11. southern gal

southern gal New Member

Which campground is this? I didn't see it mentioned. I apologize if I overlooked it.

12. southern gal

southern gal New Member

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  13. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

The site isn't really important to us as long as it's pretty level with some space and shade. We generally try to get sites in the back of the campground. They tend to be quieter with less traffic. I don't think we've ever had the same site twice.

Rik Peery likes this.
  14. KennyMiller

KennyMiller New Member

Campsite #76 at Many Glacier campground in Glacier National Park, MT.

15. epcotisbest

Oh, nothing to apologize for. I forgot to mention exactly where my favorite spot is.

16. southern gal

southern gal New Member

We just started getting out into the Georgia State Parks as of late last year. We have been to one more this year and hope to hit a few this summer. We are still in search of our favorite spot. ;)

epcotisbest likes this.
  17. epcotisbest

So many good choices up here in the North Georgia mountains. And sometimes in the middle of summer even, you can leave the AC off and even have to get up and turn off the fan in the middle of the night when things cool down. Now that is not always the case, but sometimes.
    Some good state park choices up here include Tallulah Gorge, Unicoi, Black Rock Mountain, Moccasin Creek, Vogel, Don Carter, Tugaloo and more.

18. jeeper88

jeeper88 Let's go Camping and Jeepin

FT. DeSoto in the tampa area. rite on the water!!!!!!

kcsa75 likes this.
  19. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

Have you been to Red Top Mountain? We love Mckinney near it but wonder how it is if our fave is full.

20. epcotisbest

No, never been there. We are farther to the northeast and with so many good choices close to us, we just don't head that way. Sorry I'm no help.
    We only have four campgrounds we travel any distance to, and not very often. They include Fort Wilderness at Disney, Ft. Pickens in Pensacola, Gunter Hill in Montgomery, and Elkmont in Gatlinburg.