Do you have license plates on your camper?

Discussion in 'On The Road' started by Buttermilk, Jun 15, 2012.

1. daveman

daveman Member

$42.29 per year here in NS, plus a required safety inspection for 14$ every 24 months....

2. kpthook

kpthook New Member

3. stefbauer

stefbauer New Member

Yes got them for the pup 2 years ago... Now transferred them to my htt. At the time, unfortunately, was not given an option. Asked to talk to the supervisor at the DMV when I was there and was told the same thing... So figured I did not have a winning fight and accepted the "ct" (camping trailer) plates... Especially since they had a specific class of plates for camping trailers I figured I was going to loose any argument I might have. Either I got screwed... Or you got lucky... Not sure which.

4. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

We're about to renew $6 per year for us in PA.

5. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

6. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I have to amend what I said before. I just got the bill in the mail for the trailer's license plate sticker: $61.75 for the next year (July 2012-2013).

7. papachaz

papachaz New Member

i totally agree sharon! i am not the least bit unhappy with the $52 i paid on my birthday at all now. we renew in our birthday month in GA

8. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

In Washington we renew our driver licenses every four years on our birthdays. New autos and trailers are registered and licensed when purchased and then renewed every 12 months after that in the same month as the initial registration. I have one car in April and the truck in November. Used vehicles have to be re-registered in the new owner's name within 30 days of the transaction but if there is time left on the license plate (e.g., transaction in May but plate good until October) that doesn't have to be paid until the plate's sticker expires. I bought my trailer in Janauary but the sticker was good through July so that's when I renew it.

9. Tracysues

Tracysues New Member

In Kentucky as well, have to have license plate and registration sticker on campers. Have to renew yearly, just like a vehicle.

10. Mosbyranger

Mosbyranger Onward, thru the fog...

As previously stated Colorado requires a license plate and sticker that is renewed yearly. I have a 20808 Cobalt. This year it cost me $31.28 in ownership taxes, $40.27
    License Fee, $16 Road fee and $13 for the Bridge fee. Total for the year is $71.55. I'd like to blow it off, but the Colorado State Patrol takes a very dim view of any vehicle
    being driven or towed without a current sticker.
    MR

11. Dennis Smith

Dennis Smith New Member

Illinois requiers plates with renewable sticker every 12 months. Illinois needs all the money it can get

12. AZJim1

AZJim1 Member

In AZ plates are required on virtually everything. On cars, trucks and RVs they are based somewhat on value. My 1999 Trailer is pretty cheap $45 or $50 maybe.

I think our van is under $200 now but my 2011 Insight is more like $350. A guy at work just bought a new ZO6 Corvette and his initial plates were $1200 . . .

13. Rockies Bill

Rockies Bill Runnin' with the pack!

We have to register campers also. Goes from Dec. to Dec. I paid 58.50 when I registered our Rockwood. [:(]

14. Breadbox

Breadbox Volvo powered

$52 every two years in MD for everything. Ours expires in September.

15. warwgn3

warwgn3 Car Shows are 2nd only to Camping!

In Ontario,

Trailer registration and plates are required, but only cost $10, and is valid for as long as you own it, so no annual sticker renewals needed.

A safety inspection is only required upon initial registration, and only if the trailer is equipped with brakes. Which in-turn are only required for trailers over a 3,000 lb dry weight.

Insurance is not required, but optional. If you have insurance, it would be covered under house insurance when parked, and car insurance when traveling.

16. kimgvlsc

kimgvlsc New Member

In SC, the registration fee/tag is 10.00 for two years for a PUP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. turborich

turborich Active Member

Yep, a licence plate is required in Nevada. My pup is around $25.00 per year and my utility trailer is only around $14.00 per year. Not too bad.

18. BajaPup

BajaPup New Member

I just bought an "Under 2000 lb" tag from my dealer for $12. I could register it and get a proper tag, but it's not required locally. I figure the dealer tag may satisfy a curious officer enough to avoid a stop they'd otherwise make if I had no tag displayed.

19. kjcamper

kjcamper Member

A couple years ago I contacted our State Patrol before my trip to Colorado and since Wisconsin does not require plates for campers under 3000 lbs I could travel in any state as long as I had my title. I could get stopped but I would not get a ticket.

20. NickPick40

NickPick40 New Member

Same thing in Quebec but it cost 65$.... and no inspection but insurance is mandatory.