Does anyone else have camper depression?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by cprdnick, Jun 20, 2014.

1. cprdnick

cprdnick Just Clint

Since we're writing the "book" on camper depression, I'm going to go ahead and say it's "Camper Depression". I see my camper, but cannot LEAVE with my camper. I see that others with campers CAN leave with their campers.
    Camping depression - setting up in a low spot??? [LOL]

2. bjmcginnis

bjmcginnis Member

We've only been out once spring (Father's Day weekend) I hate that it's been sitting in the driveway (have gotten a lot of mods done) I would pack up & go every weekend if we had the $ and if DH liked camping. We Lost our camping buddies to a seasonal lot so I dont see this being a big camping season :-(

3. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I was out for two months and was ready to go again within a week of returning. We are going to the Washington rally this weekend but then I have to stay home for a while and do some projects. Last summer I resurfaced my decks. This year I have to rebuild the railings and do some major yard work. We are hoping to get out again in late July/August.

4. infamousdave

infamousdave New Member

I don't know what it is called but I definitely have it. Several factors prohibit me from going camping, the biggest is the fact that I no longer have a camper! I will probably wait until next year to buy another one since I will be having a foot surgery on Wednesday that will keep me off my foot for about a month.

5. JiffyPopJunkie

JiffyPopJunkie Active Member

I thought it was only me that felt this way so I just got a good fix for "CD" this weekend. We have a trip planned in two weeks but I didn't want to wait so...everyone get in the truck, we're going to my parents and we're bring the camper! Even though it was a 2hr trip each way, it was the best decision I made. We got to see family, the day was sunny and the night was crystal clear! kids and I hung by the fire till 2 watching shooting stars. Depression relieved!
    Now I think I can make it 11 more days until the next trip!
    Some pics:
    [​IMG]
    The sunrise
    [​IMG]

6. Jacque122

Jacque122 New Member

We live in your area we just went over to Copper Breaks State Park. 12 miles south of Quannah, really nice you can fish, swim, and look at the stars. We tried Palo Duro but they were booked till August.

7. Jeepguy93

Jeepguy93 Active Member

I'm in the process of a roof rebuild. The rebuild isn't the problem. Not being in my camper is!! Haha

8. cprdnick

cprdnick Just Clint

Yeah, I'm not sure I would even want to bother with Palp Duro this time of year, LOTS of people. Ill keep Copper Breaks in mind though. I just need to get this PUP moveable first.

9. 1951 bear

1951 bear Active Member

See how good it is to cleanse the soul and tell someone "how that makes you feel". We're here for you. the only real help for the addiction is FEED THE BEAST and placate the monkey on your back.
    [PU] [CP]
    BEAR

10. Loraura

Loraura New Member

Just imagine that they are towing it home from a costly repair shop. You'll feel better.

11. Phranc

Phranc New Member

I have CD so bad, I just hooked the PUP up and moved it to the other side of the yard!

12. cprdnick

cprdnick Just Clint

I'm not vey flexible. The monkey is safe.

13. cprdnick

cprdnick Just Clint

at least they can tow theirs. :)
    The state of TX is being stingy with my title. Lol

14. cprdnick

cprdnick Just Clint

Nice. Lol. Ive hooked mine up and taken it down the street once or twice...I'm not real sure why.

15. eprovenzano

eprovenzano Member

I have a serious case of CD!!! Purchased the NTU pup in last October, hoping to squeeze in a trip or 3 before winter... didn't happen... followed by a horribly cold wet winter... spring arrives... Oh dad says DD, I'm getting married in July, (future SIL is a great guy) and you're going to be a grandfather in November... so DW and I roll into wedding mode...

So we are planning out first camping trip in July after the wedding... I think we are going to need a vacation...

16. farley.hobson

farley.hobson New Member

^^^
    Congratulations x 3!!! New SIL, new grandbaby and first camping trip!! Exciting year ahead for you all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Indy

Indy Member

I feel your pain. We've gone through a couple dry spells and it hurts. Normally we are camping two to three weekends a month, with at least 1 extended (10-11ish day) trip. I don't care how hot or cold it is, I want to find somewhere to camp! So when we are stuck home for a month or more, I go insane. Some things that help:

- searching for threads on here about other peoples' trips and living vicariously (photos especially helpful!)
    - planning trips and routes for long 12-16 day trips I hope to one day take, creating itineraries
    - day trips to hike, canoe, swim, and explore nearby parks
    - looking through old photos and reminiscing about our past adventures

DH and I dream of living on the road in a 5-10 years, though we'd probably move to a TT first. We never get enough. I think we were born to be nomads.

18. Eanddrice

Eanddrice Member

[:D] We got to sneak off Memorial Day weekend for four nights!! Haven't been any since. I'm depressed [:(]!!

19. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

Looks like we'll be sitting out this camping season. As many of you know, DH has had a bad run of health issues for the past 6 months. Last Friday, he came home from 67 days in a Physical Rehab unit. Still a long way to go to rehab, but we're in a much better place and can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

I really am pleased with how far he's recovered so far, and his health/recovery is our top priority. His 67 days of rehab were spent at a hospital about 45 miles north of St. Paul/Mpls, off I-94, and I drove up to see him each and every day. So on the way, I would see the campers and boats heading north,(and do on Sunday afternoon/evening driving south to the cities. I also had to drive by a few dealers.

The other day DH called the owner of the resort where our camper is stored. Due to the heavy rains, and high water levels, the camp site that we get is under a foot of water. Fortunately, however, our PUP is not on site there, it's stored a town away at the owners farm.

20. Katydid

Katydid Member

Glad your Pup isn't underwater!

My DH had a stroke earlier this year, and with his other health issues, I'm not sure that camping is in our future. I'm hoping we will be able to go out again, but right now our Pup is 400 or so miles north at my son's house. He's going to take the wife and kids out for a trip, mostly to see if he can tolerate camping in a Pup. His biggest issue is public bathrooms. The wife and kids did Camp Driveway the day after I took it up there. She didn't sleep so well as the kids kicked her all night!

I'd like to do one more trip, to see if we will be able to go with the extra equipment he will need. If not, we will have to sell.

We used to backpack, and can't do that anymore. The Pup was the happy medium. I miss getting out of town, even of we do use full service campgrounds!