Does anyone have a theme for decorating in camper?

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by earnhardt8, Jul 5, 2006.

1. rockinrobin

rockinrobin New Member

hah! Finally, i get the flickr account so I can show what I'm using! LOL

[​IMG] This is the fabric

[​IMG] This is the flooring.

I'm thinking the cabinets can get a coat of paint in a tan color (which will match the 30+ yo canvas) and I can hand paint some leaves on to make it "cute".
    I was looking at the canvas today and most of it needs a good cleaning, but I would like to take it down for the winter and sew on new window screens. My
    brother attached new ones with hot glue...not the best solution in my book!

[PU] [CP] :)

2. rockinrobin

rockinrobin New Member

okay...followed instructions and just too tired to figure out tonight why pics didn't post.

3. rockinrobin

rockinrobin New Member

I'm still trying to get my photos posted. I followed instructions and pasted my Flickr link between the http://[img] and they still aren't showing up....sigh :{

Here we try again....

This is the outside of my camper....the canvas is dirty and mostly the bottoms of it need new skirting, which I'm hoping to do sometime this winter, along with sewing new screens in place.

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/126137350@N06/14895358946/]https://www.flickr.com/photos/126137350@N06/14895358946/[/url]

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/126137350@N06/14731760607/in/photostream/]https://www.flickr.com/photos/126137350@N06/14731760607/in/photostream/[/url]
    closeup of the tag

[img]https://www.flickr.com/photos/126137350@N06/14731699050/in/photostream/ here is closeup of material

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126137350@N06/14726862888/ this is what I plan on putting on dinette cushions and the new flooring. I guess there is always a reason we don't get rid of some things....but really, I'm NOT a pack rat!! [LOL] [SUN]

4. rockinrobin

rockinrobin New Member

5. rockinrobin

rockinrobin New Member

6. money pit

money pit What could be so bad??? We are camping!!!

we are doing our PUP in tones of gray to match the new gray canvas we are installing this spring...

[​IMG]
    new flooring....sheet vinyl...

[​IMG]
    wall coverings....white paneling.......

[][​IMG]
    tile colors for the counter tops and table......

The wife is making some bright tangerine throw pillows or something along that lines for color splash

7. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We're going with a "retro" theme for our new Whitewater Retro TT. That was more or less the theme in the Cobalt, too. The striped curtains that came with the Retro are definitely in the time frame, but we're replacing them. They are stiff and have to be clipped together to say shut. New ones are cobalt blue quilting fabric from the Grunge line (Moda Fabrics); this one has highlights of lighter blue.
    The new quilt, in progress, has lots of retro-look fabrics, including Route 66 themes, some other Grunge fabrics and a few SW themes.
    If I get really ambitious, I may make a rag rug for the TT. We certainly have enough scraps, and the floor space I want to cover is an odd size for a commercial throw rug.

8. kcbug

kcbug New Member

I was looking for fabric to redo curtains in our '77 Coachman Leprechaun (we went to the dark side before buying the pup I was looking for... but love looking around on this site for ideas!) and fell in love with fabric at Joann's with birds, travel sayings in cream, aqua and browns. There is a lot of wood in the motorhome and is in beautiful shape. I would LOVE to repaint the cupboards but DH would have a cow so brightened up everything with curtains, privacy curtains, bedding, bird pillows, throws and have the fabric to recover the cushions (the winter project) I also found bird "rub-ons" for (some) of that wood wall.... And yes, I found matching towels, etc....
    Someone else had said it's like the grown up dollhouse. [;)]

9. gopherit

gopherit New Member

I am trying to decide on theme for my new to me little Taos. I could call it the Taos Taco and go Mexican multicolor theme. I want to stick with the dark green curtains for now. Though the color is not my favorite it can be treated as a neutral, and they have this kind of nice blackout lining. Don't want the work of making curtains. I can recover the dinette cushions, and maybe paint the fake wood that isn't wood cabinetry.

Other ideas from here and otherwise "... its real hippie like. Avocado greens with rusty oranges and lots of cool vintage camp items." That could work with green.
    A tropical beach theme could also work, such as palm trees and hibiscus style fabric.

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

@gopherit
    Since your Taos has dark green curtains, you could always go with a mountain theme (Taos is in the northern NM mountains) - the bright skies of NM make for a palette that would lighten things up. (I love the colors of the rocks and vegetation, but not everyone is impressed with it. My late aunt said everything in the state looked brown to her New England eyes.)
    Not sure of a cute name though, Bull of the Woods (one of the trails in the area) isn't really cute.

I'm continuing with the retro theme for the TT. I found some heavy twill that will make good slipcovers or quilted covers for the dinette. (The vinyl is not exactly comfortable in hot weather.) Cream with red and gray stripes, it looks retro and goes with the outside colors. For the reverse side, I found actual (red) vintage fabric at a sale with stock from a local upholstery company apparently in business from the 1960s until the mid-80s.

11. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

I was leaning towards a patriotic theme with my last pup, this one I am going kind if rustic/ lodge. It won't be really much more than just lodge-y bedding really. I would like new curtains and cushion covers but I do not have the skill!

12. TheEvilKaren

TheEvilKaren "That's what I do; I drink and I know things."

Before having to haul our NTU pup off to storage, I removed the cushions and a couple of curtains. It's a well-used but well-cared-for 2004 Coleman Utah, so as you can imagine, the upholstery could use updating. Besides, it's green, and I hate green.

But I love gray, and it makes a great neutral, so I bought slate gray blackout shower curtains (5 panels) and have cut it and pinned up hems. I bought a new sewing machine because my antique wasn't going to be up to the task, and I still have to figure out how to use it before I start to sew. :) I bought a sturdy gray, suede-like fabric for the seat cushions and a gray/white geometric pattern for the seat backs. I bought gray sheets and a gray/white comforter for one bed, and a coral/white set for the other. Pillows, rugs and other accessories will add splashes of coral, teal and yellow. I'm planning to cover the existing flooring with gray vinyl planks.

I can't wait until it's all done, but that might not be this year. :)

13. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Sounds really nice Karen!

14. ac1oz

ac1oz New Member

This is our color scheme
    [​IMG]

15. ktharmon1

ktharmon1 New Member

We are going Disney! So psyched to start redecorating!!!

16. TaziGirl

TaziGirl New Member

The MCTrailer (leisure lite) has cranberry canvas. I'm going with Lime green, Bold yellow, Blaze orange, and Hot Pink. With a touch of Margaritaville attitude, going to throw in a pink flamingo. After all, how serious can I be with a PUP the size of my dining room table.

PUP'ing is so much fun!

17. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

I was going Lodge with my last pup with sheets and quilts with animals and trees and such on them, it will look even better in the new hybrid with it's tan and brown color scheme! :)

18. tjmama

tjmama Member

My '72 has a bright blue canvas so LuLu is decorated on the inside with blue and tan curtains for the privacy curtains with a retro owl/fox/squirrel fabric. LuLu is a tiny trailer so not much to decorate but have some blue chairs and a blue and white rug for the outside as well as blue kitchen towels and matching pot holders etc. The floor is covered with red, green, blue and yellow squares which go perfectly with the retro theme. Can't wait to take her out and post some pics.

19. Barbie

Barbie New Member

Have just finished reading this thread from start to finish and have gotten lots of great ideas! I am going to look at a '94 Taos next week.

I am thinking either woodsy/moosey theme or beachy/tiki theme. Would have loved to see the pics of the tiki PUP that was posted earlier in this thread but can't pull them up anymore.

20. CREEPPINGCHARLIE

CREEPPINGCHARLIE CAMPING RECHARGES THE HUMAN MIND

Moose and bear with other cabin type d├ęcor. [8D] [PU] [PUT]