Does anyone use a Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven?

Discussion in 'Pots, Pans, Grills, Other Cookware / Cleaning & Fo' started by cma7777, Oct 17, 2011.

1. cma7777

cma7777 Member

2. wapwap

wapwap New Member

My FIL has the Coleman variety of this. He likes it and uses it quite a bit. But he also tows a 30' TT and doesn't have an outside stove on it. He mostly uses the stove part of it. Though I do want to mention that depending on what you set is on, the stove gets to be really tall. DH and FIL are over 6' each and the stove top is almost chest level on them when it is on top of a picnic table. It's much better when on the seat, but then you have to watch out for the tank connection and venting. FIL uses 2nd tank from his rig rather than the small cans. This makes it easy to do muffins or biscuits or the like while camping and still be cooking outside. Since we have an outside stove, a grill, and a couple dutch ovens it's not likely that we'd buy one. But I can definitely see where's it's nice for the in-laws to have.

3. EV2

EV2 Member

we have used ours and like the burners outside. One note on the oven though, we found that about 350 or a little over was the most we could get. Just an FYI.

4. You-And-I

You-And-I Ozarks Überland Basecamp

Just a thought, Coleman is coming out with a NEW propane Stove/Oven combo similar to Camp Chef.

5. jamesmc321

jamesmc321 Member

My DO does just a good a job as that oven can do [:D] [8D]

6. cma7777

cma7777 Member

Where can it be found and do you know when? Thanks for the info. [:)O]

7. You-And-I

You-And-I Ozarks Überland Basecamp

I want to apologize for the slow response, I've haven't been on the site for a bit. The new Coleman Oven/Stove will be coming out in late January or February. It will be offered in the Signature Line, usually sold in sporting goods stores etc. If I hear anymore updates, I'll be sure to post for you.

Hope this helps,

UNI

8. FC

FC Central Florida

9. FL_Bill

FL_Bill I'm cooking something yummy!

That was the first thing I thought too. I have 3 DO's (2 camp and one kitchen) I have cooked many meals for many people. Everyone is always amazed when I start stacking and placing coals. Or even just dropping a DO of water and rice in a fire pit...Best rice ever.

FL Bill

10. Carlb

Carlb Carl & Dawn

Freddy, you haven't used it yet?