Does anyone use campingroadtrip or allstays on their Android. Any suggestions.

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by johnsagraves, Mar 29, 2013.

1. johnsagraves

johnsagraves New Member

Does anyone use campingroadtrip or allstays Apps on their Android phone. Any success or suggestions would be appreciated. Is there another app that works better? Thanks John.

2. MD Saga

MD Saga Pop-up journeymen

Was just wondering about android camping apps. Have had a blackberry for work for five years and just had to turn in in due to budget cuts (woo-hoo!!!). Getting a Razr and looking for the best apps.

3. johnsagraves

johnsagraves New Member

Well downloaded Camping road trips and it seems to work well. $2.99. I have Republicwireless.com and it works pretty well. $24 per month with taxes, unlimited everything all over the US.

4. Jimbow

Jimbow Active Member

We have an AAA membership and they send paper books for all the states we will be visiting. As a techie sort of person, it kills me to have a reusable bag full of books, but it works for us and I have to admit, they are better many times when we have no cell services.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

When there is no cell service or internet access a phone is no better than a rock but my DeLorme books still function.

6. jhowe327

jhowe327 New Member

Well with the so-called smart phones you can get free or purchase GPS software with maps for the whole united states. With Android you can still use google maps you just have to plan ahead and download maps offline for the areas you are visiting while you have wifi or cell data service. I like paper maps, but am leaning to get an android tablet for mapping and local points of interest. Local restaurants with reviews, latest prices for gas in your area. These are things that the newer phones and tablets can do that paper maps or books can't.
    I will still end up carrying at least a state map or atlas covering the area I want to go to. I just feel like I get a better overall view of the area I am traveling to.

7. johnsagraves

johnsagraves New Member

I also have POI on the garmin, but the Android seems to help out also. We travel a lot, maybe a 100 days per year and any info helps. I also have passportamerica points downloaded. Trying to save a buck.