Does the battery charge when on A/C

WHEELBURNS

Feb 25, 2015
Subject says it all. The guy I bought in from says no, but the manual has vague setting listings that lead me to believe it does.

The manual lists:

Absorption mode: This is the normal operation mode. This mode provides the 12 Vdc and current to appliances, as well as slow charging.

Bulk mode: In this mode, the output voltage of the converter will switch to 14.4 Vdc range for a maximum of 4 hours.

Float mode: In this mode, the converter is charging the battery with a trickle voltage of 13.2 Vdc range. When the converter senses a demand, the converter automatically returns to the "absorption mode".

Nowhere does it tell me how to switch these modes. It doesn't say "bulk mode" charges but it would make sense that it does. This is a WFCO ULTRA III Power Center.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Too cold to just get out a fiddle with things.

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
Ontario
Going by the YMM of your trailer, Yes the converter will charge the battery when plug into ac power. .

Customer

Super Active Member
Jun 5, 2014
The converter portion of the "WFCO ULTRA III Power Center" will charge the battery when plugged into Shore Power. It is all automatic.

Antipodes

Call me Paul
Jan 28, 2015
Christchurch, New Zealand
WHEELBURNS said:
Nowhere does it tell me how to switch these modes. It doesn't say "bulk mode" charges but it would make sense that it does. This is a WFCO ULTRA III Power Center.
All these modes are a normal switching function of the convertor charger.
They are all automatic and you don't have to have any input into changing these around.
If you want to observe what is happening, get a good battery meter. I saw a few here that were recommended and they all look like they would do the job.

And going by your PO's comment about it not having one, it is possible that is is not working.
If you know a sparky or have a battery meter, then you can see if it is getting a charge.

Latest posts