Does this qualify as "last minute"?

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by bondebond, Nov 10, 2012.

1. bondebond

bondebond New Member

So, the plan was to meet up with some friends on Saturday and drive 1.5 hours to do a ropes course and zip lines. I reminded my wife on Friday at lunch and it was news to her.

So I get home about 4:45 and am actually blowing out the lines to winterize. The rest of the family pulls into the driveway. I've got the pup all popped up for doing maintenance. By 5:30, we decide to make it a camping weekend and set off to find anything open due to being late in the season. Our preference is for state parks and the like but couldn't find anyone to answer the phone and I didn't want drive all of this way to try a place I've never been.

To make a long story short, we're pulling out of the driveway around 8:00, hit the store on the way out of town, pull into our spot by 10:00 and am quietly set up by 10:45. Kids are in bed, DW is fast asleep and I'm not far behind. She totally surprised me by suggesting because she just got home last night from a week long trip overseas. She's pretty awesome.

The downside is that it is a "resort" or RV park. Not my style of camping. No smores for the kids jut at least we're all together.

2. Ern510

Ern510 lets go glamping .. really babe all that

that wife of your is trully awesome ... mine would do it ,, mines the best .. love you my hunny bunny .. { she'll read this at one point } he he he
    your ou camping ,, SWEET ..

3. abradshaw

abradshaw New Member

Where did you end up camping? I am from Arkansas also and am always looking for new places to stay. Which zip lines did you do. I have done the ones in Ponca a couple of time and it was a blast both times.

See you at the CG [HY] [TV]

4. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

Being spontaneous is high on our list of ways to stay young! Too many of our friends need big, detailed plans, months in advance. As a result, we don't see them as often as we would like but we're out exploring, admiring God's handiwork, and loving every moment. Wouldn't change a thing! :)

5. bondebond

bondebond New Member

Phew, what a weekend.

We were going to Loco Ropes in Mountain View. That was the plan for celebrating the friend's birthday. We just happened to be there the weekend of the annual bluegrass festival and were surprised by how much fun there was in a town of ~2,000+ people. The kiddos had a great time and were exposed to another aspect of life.

We ended up at an RV park aka "resort" and that is definitely not our speed but the people were great: friendly and helpful, suggesting things to do and see.

We almost made it out before the rain started, so I'll get to pop it up tomorrow when the weather clears, but still, a great weekend.

6. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Fantastic!