Does this unicorn exist? Pup with a 10' Box + Slide Out + front Storage Bin!

Discussion in 'Slide-Outs / Bunkends' started by davekro, Dec 1, 2019.

1. davekro

davekro Active Member

Anyone ever seen or heard of such an animal? So the needle in a hay stack (or unicorn) question is:
    Have any manufacturers made a pup that is...
    A) ≈16' tongue to bumper with a 10' box, a SLIDE OUT and a front Storage Box.
    -OR-
    B) 16' or under tongue to bumper with a 10' box, and a SLIDE OUT (w/o front bin).

If we found a used one of these in the wild, in good condition, we'd be motivated to upgrade. :)

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Never seen or heard of a 10ft box with a slide out ...

3. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you want a Fleetwood E2, aren't you? Box is about 10', has a front deck as storage and a small slide out for kitchen....

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Did the E2's have an actual slide out or just a bump out? He wants it under 16ft..

5. davekro

davekro Active Member

I believe front 'decks' are usually much longer than 2' to be used for toy hauling. I see a dinky box E2 w/ front deck, but even if it 'was' 16' or less, we personally would not sacrifice from the 10' box size to gain outside storage.

6. davekro

davekro Active Member

If there is no such thing as a slide out on a 10' box, that is good to know so we can focus on 12' box units w/o front storage bin.
    So the secondary question would be a 12' box w/ slide out:
    1) Are there any 12' box pups w/o the somewhat sizable shower/ toilet cabinet? A smaller cabinet with just a porta-potty might be an acceptable second choice. ( potty only would take up only about half as much space w/o shower pan, I'd guess)
    2) Anyone who was sure they did not want a porta-potty, but got a pup with one, and later decided that it was after all a positive for them?
    3) 12' box with decent sized 'exterior' access doors to front, rear or mid interior storage areas would be a big plus (in place of front bin).

Thanks to all in sharing your experience and knowledge of 'Pups throughout history'. ;)

Of course condition and floor plan are the main factors at any age, but moving from a 20 year old pup to a 5-10ish year old one that looks less 'weathered', would be a plus. :) We may (or may not?) be setting 'few and far between' standards for the likelihood of finding a used pup to fit our criteria.

A side topic occurred to me so I started a new thread for that 'squirrel'. ;)
    https://www.popupportal.com/threads/opinions-on-rv-show-pup-deals.127422/