Does Your Camper Have A Name?

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by gatorbait, Jan 14, 2006.

1. theyellowbeard

theyellowbeard Active Member

I just acquired my Coleman Yorktown yesterday. Still working on the name.
    [PU] [PUT]

2. olpopstar

olpopstar New Member

Years later,... How about "Cherry Roller"?
    We are naming our '78 Starcraft Starmaster 6, acquired a few years ago, "StarCat", since we are a 3 cat family.
    My sister's old Palomino is named "Rolly Polly", named by her granddaughter.

3. Hank33

Hank33 Popping it up since 2015

We picked up our PUP in Denver and were driving it home when my wife asked our kids, "what should we name our camper?".

My oldest son promptly answered, "We should call it "Sweet Adventure".

A few days later I bought the stick on letters at Ace Hardware and put them on.

This is much better than my younger son's suggestion, "Frank N. Frankfurter". Though I got a "rock and roll hot dog" sticker and put that on too. [PU]

4. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

My grandson calls it Grampa's Camping House.

5. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

So cute!
    My 1st pup was "Hilda" after my grandmother (she would have loved it). I never came up with a name for my HTT til recently- I think I'm to call her my "Slice of Heaven".

6. NegrilJerry

NegrilJerry Newbies in GA, we LOVE this site!

The market for used pups here (Georgia) is strong, and prices aren't low...so when I saw a larger pup on CL with the post "We've loved Poppy, I hope you will too" I just had to respond that we wanted to see Her. And from then on, she's been Poppy - obvious and simple and SO great for us! We loved tent camping but the setup and tear down, especially the pack out, was killing me at my advanced age- too much creeping around on my old knees.

Poppy, after two long camping sessions, is now ready for a few mods - storage access is a biggie.

7. babc5205

babc5205 Just look at the stars, little one.

My pup was named "Little Cutie," by a precious 6 year old in pig tails (now 10). I liked the name so much that I had a customized decal placed on it and it always reminds me of the story of who named my pup.

8. kudzu

kudzu Active Member

My little Aliner is called "The Wee House".

9. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Since we upgraded from our first PUP, our new PUP is "Poppy 2.0"

10. Mr_Toad

Mr_Toad New Member

Younger daughters named it "Minnie" and we have a plastic lawn figurine of her that stands guard outside of her every time we camp.

11. Tom and Judie

Tom and Judie New Member

Now we have our 2nd PUP. The first one was NTU and we used it to figure out if we really wanted a Pop up trailer and what we wanted in a new one. The first one was named 'And Then'. The name came from our life in the military. We met in New Mexico then moved to Germany 'And Then' to Missouri 'And Then' to Colorado. and so on every 18 months to 3 years we moved for the next 24+ years. So when we retired we decided our RV's will all be called "And Then" So our present RV is a 2015 Flagstaff HW31SCTH from Forest River and is official "And Then 2" and we plan on keeping her for a while.

12. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Hmmm... "trailer" or "camper" is what we called our old pup - we don't name anything, we just call it what it is - so our NTU TT is "trailer". Neither of our families did this, so guess we never got in the habit. My brother on the other hand names everything - cars, campers, computers, etc...

Hey Tom and Judie - we can relate to the moving, DW and I have moved 14 times in our 20 yrs of marriage - hoping we finally found "home".

13. mrobuck

mrobuck New Member

We have a 2001 Dutchman 747, so it was an easy name... "The Flying Dutchman" from SpongeBob. Even have big sticker on the door. FlyingDutchman.jpg

JociB likes this.
  14. Tom and Judie

Tom and Judie New Member

We must be crazy. We retired from the Air Force in '09 and thought we had settled but after about 5 years in one place we started to get the 'move' itch so now we are waiting to retire for real in '20 so we can hit the road. Only plan on being in out house for about one week a month to check in with our DR's. We realized with all the moving we did. There are still a lot of places we didn't get to see in the US. Maybe we will see you out there. We hope to hit the NP's and SP's.

15. JociB

JociB New Member

"Parker the Pop-up" is ours!

Tom and Judie likes this.
  16. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

DW and I are wondering if we should just sell the house and live in the TT - then perhaps we wouldn't have to "move" anymore, just have to relocate the "house":)

Who knows, perhaps we will get to meet in the future.

Tom and Judie likes this.
  17. infernisdiem

infernisdiem Member

I don't have a name for my PUP yet, but my conversion van that I am hoping to get back on the road is called Christine, because of her, I have to keep a key in my wallet, she'll lock and unlock by herself, randomly start clicking (I think I know what it is) and the last time I started it, with 232000 miles, purrs like she just rolled of the factory floor. As for the camper, I have to get it on the road, and get a feel for her before I name it lol

18. OldNavy

OldNavy Member

"Bob" (granddaughter named it)

19. Popiworks

Popiworks Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Because she's a land yacht and has canvas, mine is named
    "Luff Affair"

20. Startours

Startours New Member

I named mine. The Heartbeat of America.