Does Your Camper Have A Name?

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by gatorbait, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Wanderers

Wanderers New Member

We are currently trying to decide on a name for our new pup. The kids want it to be “Campy the Camper.” I’m not sold. [::)]

Our 3-year-old pronounces “camper” likes it’s a French word (kahm-PAIR), so I was thinking maybe a French name would be good. Google says Starcraft Galaxy in French is etoile l’avion galaxie. Thats a bit much, I think... :tongue:

I asked a friend who has a pup what they had named it, and she just looked at me a little weird and said they weren’t as sentimental as we are.

So I just wondered— have any of you given your pup a name? If so, what is it? And how did you come up with it?

2. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

At least they didn't stump for "Campy McCamperface." :p

See my signature line for more...

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

There's a hugely long thread here somewhere, can't locate it at the moment.
    We did not name either of our popups, nothing seemed to stick. Our small travel trailer is "Little Red" since it's my little cabin in the woods (or desert, mountains, etc.)

4. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

I'm with Farfetched--you can't beat Starcraft's names. Starflite! Spacemaster! Stardust! Starlette! If they made a STARSCREAM I'd own it.

My camper is called "the trailer" and the truck camper is called "the camper". We get confused more than you'd think.

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I don’t outright call it by name in a conversation , but my campers name is, “The adventurer”. Mainly because of all the adventures we go on.

6. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

Ours is Alonzo Jim. It's Doctor Who themed (in theory, anyway) and named for "Allons-y, Alonzo!" And my late Grandfather who started my family camping in the '70s with a Nimrod.

7. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

I'm not one to name vehicles or campers usually. But my current PUP kind of named itself. We call it Captain Janky. Named in honor of the PO, who we also refer to as Captain Janky, for his love of doing "repairs" and "mods" with whatever parts he had in his garage. There was so much $hit stuck on and strapped on to the outside of the PUP when we bought it, looked terrible!

Tmackcj5 likes this.
  8. Tmackcj5

Tmackcj5 Member

No name for mine. Honestly, it hadn't even crossed my mind.

9. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Same here, I don't call it by name, ever. I refer to it as 'The Trailer', or 'The Pup'. It's name has changed over the years because we all can't decide on just one. Some times we call it 'The Mobile Bed and Breakfast', other times my daughter will call it 'Poptimus Prime'. It officially is a geocaching travel bug called 'Xxxxxxxx Xxxxxx Xxxxxx', (I can't actually type the travel bug name in here because it would go against TB rules) but we never call it that.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    AlexVanEks likes this.
  10. brwarrior

brwarrior Active Member

I'm in the don't normally name things. But she (all vehicles are female for obvious reasons) needed a name in the truck for the brake controller. Beast she is. (28' long rolling, 32' setup)

11. Fixitup

Fixitup Active Member

20160916_191237.jpg

AlexVanEks and indieiggy like this.
  12. Jodi Ostrowski

Jodi Ostrowski New Member

Our first PUP, I am remodeling and in pure joy over the project. My husband says I always love to "play house," so it became The Playhouse. Our name has spawned, "The Polish Playhouse" thanks to friends.:)

13. Toni Arnold

Toni Arnold New Member

I named mine Lil Rita. I like margaritas, especially while camping. [:D]

14. Lebowski16

Lebowski16 New Member

Pubes..... we call it Pubes. It sounds funny if you use it in camping related sentences.

15. New2MeFleetwoodYuma

New2MeFleetwoodYuma New Member

I am a huge comic book fan, and I sport a giant red MARVEL flag off the top of mine. So, mine's been dubbed the MCU. Not Marvel Cinematic Universe, but Mobile Camping Unit, of course :p

AlexVanEks likes this.
  16. NegrilJerry

NegrilJerry Newbies in GA, we LOVE this site!

We love our still-NTU "Poppy", a 2007 Fleetwood Sun Valley. Not that creative but what the heck. The seller called her that and made a point on her CL post that she hoped a buyer might call "her" that...so I inquired as to when we could view Poppy and referred to "her" and had no problem negotiation the price down by $500.

17. IDezine

IDezine New Member

Ours is called "Te Pehi Puni". It means "The Pehi Camper" in Maori. My husband is from New Zealand, Pehi is our last name.

AlexVanEks likes this.
  18. AlexVanEks

AlexVanEks Member

I have Belle. I decided when I was going to remodel, she would be the Belle of the Ball at the campground. Stupid but it stuck.
    I name things so I can tell at them in frustration, and so I can complain. I'm a union member, can you tell?? Lolol

My 01 Expy is 'Reina', to go with Belle. So the Queen and the Beauty. Sounds like a good Disney Movie

IDezine likes this.
  19. andosfauxtos

andosfauxtos New Member

My wife named our NTU 1999 Coleman Nevada The Shangri-La after thinking about it for about five seconds. I think it works.

AlexVanEks and IDezine like this.
  20. sstressfl

sstressfl Member

The family named our current popup Sarge. Our previous camper was Phyllis.