Dometic RM2354 Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Refrigerators and Coolers' started by Peter R., Nov 18, 2020.

1. Peter R.

Peter R. New Member

Hello,

We have a new-to-us 2014 Forest River Flagstaff HW27. It came with a Dometic 3-way fridge, model RM2354. When we got it, turning it on would click the igniter, even when plugged into shore power, but it wouldn't light and all of the lights on the front would flash in unison repeatedly. I replaced the main circuit board with a brand new one, but it won't work. Now it doesn't even click the igniter, and the lights seem to work normally but it will not detect AC or DC power, even though I've verified both of those inputs at the board. My next thought was to replace the eyebrow circuit board on the front of the fridge, but before spending another $100+ on that, I figured this would be a good place to ask for other troubleshooting steps. I do have a multimeter and moderate electronic troubleshooting skills. Thanks!

Peter

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

3. Peter R.

Peter R. New Member

I'll check it out. Thank you!

4. Peter R.

Peter R. New Member

Dometic had me order one of their lower circuit boards at almost $100. Apparently they've never heard of Dinosaur. That is what was in it when we bought the trailer, so that was the first replacement I ordered at about $130. The Dometic board does exactly the same thing: DC or gas only, no A/C detection, even on shore power with 110v verified at the power outlet, and no attempted sparking of the ignitor or propane flow on gas mode, as well as no cooling on DC, even after 12 hours.

Because this is an ammonia fridge, I've read that it's possible the ammonia has crystallized, depending on how long it's been out of use. Would it be helpful to warm the ammonia tubing with a heat gun?

5. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

I love the Dinosour board in my Atwood 7916. Made in the USA.
    No chinese crap like the OEM board.

They know about the board that will eat their lunch.<GG>

6. theseus

theseus CamperMod Addict - Thinking about the Dark Side... Silver Supporting Member

I doubt yours is old enough to have that problem. I have a 32 year old Norcold that works just fine and gets used 2-3 times a year. The bigger issue is if it is routinely used out of level or has a leak. Any yellow dust in the area of the burner or the compartment?