Donations question

Discussion in 'Hey PUP Staff, Let me tell you what I think!' started by Antipodes, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Steve, just had a mans look at the various sticky threads in the Website stuff and don't see a thread for donations.
    Can you point me to where this would be?

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

On the home page, "throw a log on the fire"

3. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Cool,
    Thanks kitphantom.

4. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Hey, like (mine) your 2318G! [:D]

5. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Hi There Chocochock01

Just friended you as you probably have some sage advice on the 2318g

But I notice your profile says you have a
    Fleetwood Saratoga is this the same as mine??

6. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Yes, how do you like your Saratoga??

Oops, that was the last one.

Let, me start over....

Really enjoyed our 2318G....

Oops, that WAS our last one.

What do you think of your Starcraft TravelStar??
    Now we are current! [:D]

Actually, have both the Starcraft and Rockwood and will be selling Rockwood.
    Great PUP, but w our aging bodies we decided to go w a hybrid (still have canvas)!

Do you have the power roof lift?
    Couple of things I did on the 2318G:

+ on the Swing Galley cut a diagonal in the cabinet where the drain pipe slides so it can more easily move up and down
    + for the front wheel, took the handle off and left a nut and bolt to use a slotted socket on a 18V Power drill to make it a power up/down dolly wheel.
    + added more hanging vinyl cabinets on the inside
    + added rails on the top outside for Yakima racks
    + added a Power off switch by the battery
    + make sure you ALWAYS empty the Hot Water heater every time and rinse out at least 1 x yr.
    + lube the bed slides
    +if you need the replacement water filters and a source, ping me
    + any questions on filling the cassette toilet fresh water?? have a story about that [:D]
    + Did bring the PopUpGizmos over from the Saratoga...They really work
    + 3 stage battery charger is a good investment
    + Bal Leveler another good investment...

and the list goes on....

as is a small donation to this forum! [;)]

7. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Thanks for this thread. We had no idea about the donations. Just found it on the Home Page.
    M&K

8. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Just looked it up and is a very fine camper, but for us I would not be able to pull this into our camping spot.
    I Have to go through a dry river bed and and pretty rough 4x4 track to get there.

Yes. Just had the motor apart as it was blowing the fuses.
    The electric motor is not very well designed with no end thrust bearings and only bushes and no way to lube it with out pullin it apart. That is how I found this board when doing research on replacing the motor. (Which is no longer available) Ended up doing my own repairs and machining up my own parts. really needed new brushes, but as I can't get them I jury rigged them.
    Seems to be operating OK now. May have to look at getting the manual crank ordered in just in case.
    Major design fault with the manual drive bolt on top of the motor shaft. As when the motor seizes (Common) the bolt is then used but gets sheared off. Not much of an emergency lift system then.

I have the flip galley, thought about putting a swing galley in, but pretty happy with the mods I have done to install drawers in this, so won't change this.
    I have installed a side mounted jockey wheel that swings up when being towed. The original tongue jack fouled the rear door on the tow vehicle.
    Was going to do this, but instead I have mounted two 200 watt solar panels for complete independence.
    Actually just replaced the water heater, Had a pilot flame version which leaked from the controller shortly after we got it. When the unit switched off after heating on our second night away there was still a very low flame exiting from the actual valve body, melted the vinyl and left a black smug and damaged the paint around the area. Lucky we did not end up burning the camper down. I checked it and left it running when we bought it, but obvioiusly it did not like our rough trip into our camping site.
    Got a fully electronic version now and feel much safer and also easier to start. Just a switch inside.
    thanks, atually just purchased 4 off, keep 1 spare in the camper.
    Had to pull the toilet and shower when we got it as the pump was not going (Since found you can replace insitu) and the shower tray was cracked and broken. Could not get a replacement here, so pulled it out and solvent glued a sheet of 2mm PVC to the bottom of the shower, then ground out the cracks and filled the voids with a PVC gutter glue. Has worked well and is funtional, but of course while nice and smooth, you can still see the repairs.
    Solar system has a modern MPPT controller (Aus made) which does all this, and as I park outside the battery is always at correct charge. Just need to check the water every few months.
    Just found out about these on the portal, looks like a good idea, but getting it here to NZ would be cost prohibitive. May look at making one myself as always need to raise one or the other sides to be level.
    You are right there.
    I intend to post some of my own mods and work once our season has finished here.
    Going to raise it up as the water tank and underside of the camper is being damaged when we drag it into the campsite.

9. SLOTerp

SLOTerp Member

I attempted to send a donation in November via Paypal. It was never accepted by the recipient and the money was returned. I tried to send a message to Steve but no response.

Here is the message from PP:
    Happy to try again - please advise when I can do so.

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I sent my donation in late Oct. (I made myself a note so I remember to renew it), and IIRC it was done by Paypal with no problems.