Done for the season.

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by tombiasi, Nov 12, 2016.

1. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

[:(] Just parked her in he winter den. Counting the days until spring like a prisoner marks the wall.

2. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

You are always welcome to join us in our February rally in Florida. A bit of a drive for you, but we have [SUN]

3. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Thank you Orchid,
    I wish I could do that. I can't be away that long and who knows what weather I would meet on the way down.
    If I can make it to February I can make it to March. :) She comes out before the ground gets too soft.

4. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the drive down. Being a MD native and living in WV for many years, we have made many winter trips to FL, many of which have involved snowy, icy highways and 30 mph interstate speeds. [:!]

5. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Yep, took mine to its winter hangout today too. I couldn't even look back as I drove off or I would want to take her back with me lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I also went to my storage lot to close things up today. [:(] Apparently I wasn't the only one either. The lot was full of people doing the same thing. The trailer was thankfully already winterized. Or rather I never de-winterized it from last winter. However I did have to winterize the toilet and needed to take out the fluid items, etc. She is all covered up. Hopefully by spring things will be different and I could actually give her a good stretch.

7. deLuxx

deLuxx New Member

That's some nice winter storage right there.

8. steve7-4

steve7-4 'I'd rather be camping'

We just parked our PU for the winter last weekend, did the usual cleaning and such. I also took off the cover to the AC to check the tightness of the 4 holding bolts. They were loose, so I suggest that you also check the AC gasket o make sure it is tight each year. It will certainly prevent leakage over the winter months if you are parked outside. I can't wait to camp out again.

9. idler

idler Member

I packed mine up mid-October, but its resting place is the garage. I took the canvas off (easier to do with a Livin Lite than other brands). This weekend would have been my idea end-of-the-season. Maybe I'll make it to mid November next year.

And I agree, nice winter storage space.

10. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Yes, it is. I am lucky. Have a good buddy with a real nice shed that has a little corner for my pup. I was always able to store it enclosed at the inlaws farm, but this is much closer.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk