Door lock recall

Discussion in 'Campsite Security & Safety' started by adirondackcamper, Jul 15, 2014.

1. adirondackcamper

adirondackcamper Member

We purchased a 2014 Kodiak express in April and while locking it up in the driveway I pulled the key out in the wrong position!!! Big mistake. The door would not unlock and my husband had to crawl through the cargo hatch just to get in.( it is a hybrid trailer) All the while telling me that I don't know how to operate a key!!! [:(!] ARRGGG!!! [:(!]
    Then he gets inside and can't open the door to get out without taking the lock apart! It really caused a LOT of aggravation.
    Flash forward to today and I find out that there is a recall on the locks, well I think somebody owes me an apology!!

Here's a link to see if your lock is affected:

http://www.fastecindustrial.com/recall/default.html

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Strange that your TT still had a defective lock installed when it was made... this recall is at least 2 years old ...

3. adirondackcamper

adirondackcamper Member

"deadbolt cylinders of certain travel trailer locks manufactured and sold under the FIC brand name between January 1, 2006 and April 30, 2013"
    Ours key# was NOT listed but did exactly what was described. When they build the trailers, they must buy them in bulk and who knows how long they have them before they are installed.

4. tsc

tsc Member

I'm sorry..... (it's a learned response)

Two reasons.

1. It's a Canadian Thing [:D]

2. I'm married and know the 4 words to survive (Oh, Yeah, Right, Sorry)

For example;

"You forgot to take out the garbage!!!"

Right, Oh.. Yeah, Sorry

"Did you go to the bank?"

Sorry? Oh, right, yeah (I did)

"Get the kids from the park will you?"

Oh, Yeah, right, sorry.

5. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

I actually have two trailers that have these lock sets. I have a Haulmark enclosed trailer, and my Roo HTT. I received a notice of the recall from Haulmark, but nothing from Forest River.