Double Duty tent trailer

Discussion in 'Vintage & Off The Wall Campers' started by BillyMc, Nov 12, 2018.

1. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

The Double Duty is a tent/utility trailer that's affordable. I do wish they had used bigger tires.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

They are pretty nice, a friend up the road has one and he loves it.

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I looked into the Sylvan sport go which is kind of the same thing but a lot more expensive. Thing I like about the sylvan is you can do both at the same time. The tent is built into the roof of the sylvan so you can still bring your toys with you camping. Though I do like how with just the removal of the tent you have a flat bed trailer.

4. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

I looked into these a while back. If you don't have much towing capacity and want to camp and play (quad, bikes, lots of supplies) this would suffice, but I don't think I would give up my pup for it!

5. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

That Double Duty is actually a pretty cool idea. IF they were taking product suggestions from potential customers though...

#1. Offer an optional unit with queen size sleeping platforms.
    #2. Offer an AC Boot, and matching platform in the front instead of the 2nd door.
    #3. Offer an optional setup method that is simpler. More swing into position, less assembly in camp.
    #4. Offer a MUCH larger vestibule extending from the main door. I personally would set one up close to / next to a kitchen tent (no bears where I live or camp) and in the case it is raining like crazy, I don't want to get soaked going from bed, to the kitchen, or bathroom tent.., Or even just leaving bed...

6. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member