Drain from sink not draining

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by Milehifireguy, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Milehifireguy

Milehifireguy New Member

So hand pump works but sink isn't draining. Is it safe to use drank or a hand roto rooter on it? Bottom drain is open as well, no grey/black water tank. Thanks!

2. chefaleslie

chefaleslie Always looking for a great MOD

In my pup the drain was a very thin flex pipe. I would not use a snake. But there might be a kink in the pipe when you swing down the galley.

3. scrt95019

scrt95019 Member

whatever you do... DO NOT use an air compressor to try and blow it out... mine blew off when i did that [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

4. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

By saying bottom drain I assume you did open the cap on the outside of the pup and not the low point drains?
    Also can you see the drain hose? Is it clear? Can you see a blockage? And lastly is there a strainer in the sink bowl?

Me the missus and three hooligans
    2014 rockwood premier 2317g
    2012 F 150 super crew Eco boost.

5. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Flip the galley over, remove the pee trap and clean it. They tend to get gummed up with toothpaste, food particles and miscellaneous scum over time.