Dream A-Frame

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by niagarafam, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Chaviva

Chaviva love the smell of the outdoors and camping

Lots of good questions. The electric roof raise is nice feature for us short people side walls is not too bad either with the latches that I can reach. I like that part best because I can be the one to raise it up. Inside where the dormer is you simply put up the sides and the roof by hand. Ezy peezy. We think our decision to trade in our 194 HW Rockwood Aframe for this 214HW was right one. The bathroom is a Hardside and yes there is a shower curtain inside that's very easy to set up. There is also a roof light for the inside of the shower. Love that too! The only thing for us short people is the fantastic fan is a tad too high to reach even for my hubby who is 5'11." All in all I'd say set up with a Aframe is better and easier than a popup. We go to RV parks now because it's easier to set up plus we don't have to disconnect from the TV for over night.

2. jA-Frame

jA-Frame New Member

Tandem axles are much easier to maneuver when backing up ....it goes where you tell it to go. Singles are a bit trickier, but with patience will go too. I had the same double axle pop-up as you, mine was a 2005. Pulled like a dream, and with the dual axles, went where I wanted it to go .... the only reason though for the double axle was weight, as those 14ft jaycos were not light, but man, when opened up, did they have tons of room!
    As for dormers etc, you can keep 'em. Just one more thing to go wrong, one more place for a leak. If you ask me, and this is only one's opinion, if I'm going to get into dormers etc, than I might just as well go up to a hybrid. We bought ours for the convenience of pulling a light weight pop-up like camper again, and all we need it for is to sleep in....that's why we like it so much. I've had 'em all , up to 32' TT, and at the end of the day, all we needed is a bed ( ok, a/c too), this Jayco does the job perfectly

3. LadyWolf

LadyWolf Member

They are? We have so much trouble trying to get this thing maneuvered into the driveway and then being able to push it into the garage. We may be doing something wrong. I think part of our problem too is that on the weekends the neighbors across the street love to park their cars directly across from our driveway, plus the neighbors on either side of us are usually parked in front of our house on the weekends when we're most likely to be trying to back the camper into the driveway. It can be hard enough trying to snake my little Hyundai Elantra in between the cars to get to our driveway. We need to look for a tutorial or something on how to back this thing up though. I agree with you, our pup does pull like a dream and it's very roomy when opened up.

I still really like the Rockwood A214HW but I'm not sure it will fit in our garage - it may be too long. I think we have an inch or two longer than 21 feet. I'll have to carefully measure it next time we pull the camper out.

4. queenkristi

queenkristi New Member

I really like our expedition, but I wish Aliner would make a layout with the dinette across from the door and the kitchen on the end under the dormer like the one Chalet model.

5. Sushidog

Sushidog Active Member

Here's a link to a dual axle Aliner prototype from the Yahoo Aliner Forum: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/alinerchaleta-frames/photos/albums/948559551

Chip

6. bols2Dawall

bols2Dawall S.W. Ontario

Nothin there

7. Sushidog

Sushidog Active Member

I think you have to join the Yahoo Aliner group to view it. I couldn't copy it, as it is in HTM (web) format so it must be viewed there.

Chip

8. threebeachboys

threebeachboys Active Member

Wow - Thanks for the link. Looks kind of odd. . . .

Also, to all a-frame owners, the Yahoo group is a great source of info.

9. Sotovoce

Sotovoce Active Member

The photo says that's a 2004 model. I have never seen one.

10. blondedriver

blondedriver Member

11. mchance47

mchance47 New Member

We have an Aliner Evolution. It's the longest Aliner at 22 ft, if not the tallest. We find it a little too tight inside for a toilet and shower, so we have a potty tent and a shower tent. May not work for everyone, but suits us. It has one dormer (solid roof, canvas sides) that really opens up the interior and helps bring the outside in. Easy to pull, very easy to set up. With a 35-gal freshwater tank and 15-inch nubby tires, it's the ideal Aliner for boondocking in off-road type areas. We consider it our dream a-frame.