"Dressers" for our PUP

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by sirelfman, Jul 30, 2009.

1. sirelfman

sirelfman 'Til the last marshmellow's gone.

This was actually my wife's idea, but I haven't seen it before, so I thought I would share.

We bought Rubbermaid-type stacking drawers. When placed on the floor, they are basically the same height of our cabinets that are already in the camper. We load them up in the house with the things we don't leave in the camper for storage, I pop up the camper to make sure everything there is ready to go and we load them in. Once we get the site, we place them on top of the cabinets and we have a chest of drawers with everything we need already stored away. It really cuts down on our pack/unpack times, because I only have to make 2 or 3 trips (depending on how many we end up taking).

2. canonshooter

canonshooter New Member

We did that too. Now we are going to get one for food storage so we can free up some counter space.

3. Daduv3Boys

Daduv3Boys American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God!

That's a great idea. DW asked the same question the other day while we were at Walmart. Thanks for the idea.

4. getndusty

getndusty pull up a stump and sit a spell

Can you take some photos of them in your pup and share with the rest of us?

5. DRKMinWA

DRKMinWA It's Friday, it's payday and I'm on vacation.

This http://good-times.webshots.com/album/573719835VMNRJk is how we made our 07 Westlake more comfortable.

First we move the mattress from the unused bunk to the one we do use. It's very comfy and saves the expense/weight and hassle of moving memory foam.

We added stacking bins until we overcame the lack of convenient storage space/counter tops. The 3 lightest bins go on the floor under the dinette when popped down. One bin goes under the galley when flipped over and the other 3, 2 large and the small silverware bin go on the floor at the front between the shower and fridge. Heavy stuff in front helps with correct tongue weight.

The clothes hanger is made from PVC and copied from another post. It pops apart for easy storage.

This still leaves room on the floor for chairs, BBQ and tote.

We just spent 9 nights, 3 overnighters in the PUP and this setup really helped keep things neat and organized.

Thanks to all who provided ideas.

6. canonshooter

canonshooter New Member

Here it is!

[​IMG]

It is just tall enough to fit with the PUP closed! I purchased mine at Lowe's, but I'm sure you can find them anywere. The wood top makes a nice platform for other things.
    [​IMG]

7. getndusty

getndusty pull up a stump and sit a spell

Awesome. Thanks for all the photos. I can see now those are something I will look into. My Freedom is a little shy on storage space.

8. wardog

wardog Member

We did the same thing. We bought ours individual as well and they stack together. There are 4 of us so everyone has there own drawer. We went on our 2 week trip and I told everyone to pack for a week and it had to fit in their drawer. It worked great. We also bought 2 smaller drawers that attach and sit on top. It holds things like keys, flashlights, wallet, batteries and walkie talkies. I love it. It has worked out great. For a weekend trip we only needed 2 drawers we shared.

Thought I had pics in my webshots but I don't. Guess I need to update.

9. The Postman

The Postman You gotta love Camping!!

Buying a set of drawers was one of the first things we did when we bought our pup. Then we got a real small one for all the toiletrys, and now we are thinking about another mediumk size one for the towels that we need. There is lots of unused counter space in these pups, and the bins sit on the floor when we travel. Just make sure they are pushed against something when you are moving, or when you hit some pothole stuff might go flying - not that it has happend to me, no way!!

10. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Great ideas!

11. Jumanji

Jumanji Beautiful BC

I just bought a set of Sterilite drawers as well but use mine for food. They are wonderful and much better than having to dig through a bin. You also get the added bonus of being able to put stuff on top. Great to utilize vertical space.

12. CoveredinSawDust

CoveredinSawDust New Member

Thanks for sharing. My wife puts a set of these outside the pup door loaded with towels so the kids don't track dirt inside everytime they want to dry off.