Driftwood Inn

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by generok, Apr 14, 2013.

1. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Driftwood Inn, Homer, AK.

This smaller RV park is located on the mainland of Homer in an area with some restaurants and B&Bs. The campground is typical of AK, dirt and gravel throughout. The spaces along the front rows that face the inlet have WONDERFUL views, but are designed to be pull in views for motorhomes. If you back in, the hookups will be on the opposite sides.

Each site has full hookups with 20,30 and 50 amp service, plus cable TV service. There is free wifi too, which was nice.

The bathrooms are close by and clean. During the main season, there is a fish cleaning station outside, so you can do dishes there. This visit was off season in April, so none of the outside water was on.

Folks at the office were very nice. This place is also a motel, so they have a lobby and all the standard things a motel has. The off season rates were $34/night, which is pretty good for here.

I'd stay again, but would opt for a pull through space.

2. generok

I went again at the beginning of June. I wanted a pull through, but got the same exact spot as last time. This was during the season, and there were a LOT of rental RVs there, but it was still quiet. This time, all the water was working, so that was nice. I think the price was $37 during the season, which isn't bad for full hook ups. Even being busy, the facilities were clean, and it was nice having the cleaning station to do dishes in.

3. generok

Here's a pic of our site...

[​IMG]

4. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Wow, those site are very close, but the view is amazing.