Driveway setup!

Discussion in 'Camp Driveway' started by kojack, Aug 6, 2016.

1. kojack

kojack Member

We have our pop up always setup in the driveway and we are in it daily. We love our little home away from home so much we spend hrs a day in it! ha ha!

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oh lucky you. That would never fly where I live. Heck im not even allowed to bring it into my neighborhood. I dream for the day I can bring the trailer home open it up where I can work on it in my free time vrs make time cram everything in I want to do and leave storage, or worse wait unil I camp. Enjoy your home away from home. Happy camping.

3. 61cubby

61cubby New Member

We love ours so much, it is referred to as the "summer cottage" and stay in it a good portion of the summer. This also lets me fix any issues and do some modifications. This summer I added led awning lights and an outside tv mount to our pup. I think the neighbors think we are nuts but meh, who cares. I like sleeping outside, plain and simple.

4. idler

idler Member

I wanted to set up and sleep in the driveway and a work colleague/ friend said "that's one way to get the neighbors talking" and I rethought the plan. Better cut the grass and wait to camp.

Wish I'd just done it.

5. R00

R00 Active Member

When I first bought my trailer and set it up in the field, I overheard my neighbor's wife exclaim to him "I hope that's not staying it doesn't make my yard look good!"

I gleefully called over "I'm gonna put it on AirBnB!!!"

They are classic 5th wheel and diesel pusher (yes, they have both) highbrow rv park snobs that belong in the "Do you feel like people look down on you for being in a pop-up" thread.

6. idler

idler Member

Aw. I'm not sure how my neighbors would feel. I'm glad I didn't hear comments when I rinsed it off earlier this summer.

7. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

All summer , we put the awing out and sit under playing some music in the summer during week days . Out of sun but enjoying the tunes . THe kids will go hang out and watch a movie and be in the camper. I wonder what my neighbor thinks. It must be odd when he sees us sleep overnight in it right next to the house.

i do have the fresh water tank with a little water incase the kids had to go take a bathroom break.

8. Fixitup

Fixitup Active Member

Ours is in the driveway. For the most part it stays closed. When I do set it up its usually for a week or two and spend time cleaning and always installing something. The only down side is usually curious neighbors stopping and want to see what it looks like inside.

9. 61cubby

61cubby New Member

Big giant raspberry to those snobby neighbors who don't like it. It's not about them or making their yard look nice...or even my yard look nice. Heck, we have 4 cars and the camper set up in the driveway and it's just the 2 of us! Yard looks just fine and so does the house.......really it does. We would camp everyday if we could, can't wait for retirement!

10. JJFlanders

JJFlanders New Member

I was thinking that would be my first camping experience with my grandkids. It's perfect!
    Janice