Dual LP questions

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by flyweed, Jul 13, 2011.

1. flyweed

flyweed New Member

Hi again everyone.

My camper, currently has just a single LP tank and regulator on it..but it has TWO stoves..the outside "high pressure" stove and the inside low pressure stove. I want 2 LP tanks..so I bought a new one, and I ordered a 2 stage, automatic regulator, so the tanks will switch over automatically when one is empty...now my question is.......How do I connect BOTH the high pressure stove and low pressure stove to this setup?

THanks
    Dan

2. Twisty

Twisty New Member

I also bought a double tank setup that I though would work - THERE IS NO HIGH PRESSURE PORT ON IT!!! Dang...

3. joet

joet Well-Known Member

How did or what was the outside stove connected to? To obtain High pressure you need to add a tap before the regulator, then a seperate line for the outside stove. The inside or Low pressure stove will feed from the regulator, the linefrom your old reguator feeds things inside

4. flyweed

flyweed New Member

JOET - I'll take a photo of the OLD setup..so you can see..the old tank had a small "red" regulator that screwed into the bottle that after that regulator there was a "T" and the off one side a small line went over to the curb side high pressure connection...then the other line went down into another "single stage regulator" with a larger diam. line off the bottom that went over to feed the water heater, inside stove, and Refrigerator.

Dan

5. Trackside

Trackside New Member

My PUP came with dual tanks and 2 separate lines just as you described. A line runs from each tank then tee's into one line which goes into a second tee. From the second tee one line runs to the high pressure regulator and the other to the two stage low pressure regulator.

I only turn one tank on at a time and when one runs out I know I still have several times more than enough LP for the rest of my trip. If your automatic regulator is indeed a two stage regulator then I would think you'd have to put a tee in the line before it for your high pressure line otherwise the two stage will step the pressure down to much. This would mean that your high pressure line would have to run off of a single tank if I'm understanding your setup correctly.