Ducky's MS Camping Adventures!

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by DuckyNGoose, Jul 23, 2012.

1. DuckyNGoose

DuckyNGoose Ducky -N- Goose

Still new around here. I got my probable MS Dx about 10 years ago, but had no insurance, so never followed up. I was young, 26, and it's had minimal impact on my life so far. It's been tougher the last 2 years or so. I'm going to an MS center in Spetember for a firm Dx and treatment. My biggest issues have been with my legs, fighting fatigue, and HEAT! [}:)]

We got our pop-up a few months ago. I love it! It has brought the joy of camping back to my life. I swore it off after my last tent, 105F event about 9 years ago! Gah!

We are heading to Table Rock Lake this week. We'll be staying at Aunts Creek ACE campground. Just Goose, my furbabies and me. Goose modified our '85 Star to add an air conditioner. I'm very excited! We'll be going to Silver Dollar City one day and I already reserved a scooter for the day. I also purchased 2 Frog Tog Chily Pads and made a cooling vest and hat insert.

I'll report in when we return!

2. br9

br9 Member

Have a great time. Take pics.

3. dstellajr

dstellajr New Member

HI
    I was diagnosed a little over 2 1/2 years ago. Been camping still since then but just bought a popup this year, simply because we are in our 50's and sick of getting up and down from the ground! We also plan to do more camping since everything is already packed in the popup and ready to roll!

Fortunately, I am still walking, awkwardly but walkking, and still plan on doing most of the work on the camper. Just wanted to give you some encouragement that it's not over for you but take care of yourself.

Just get your Vitamin D checked and start taking supplements if you are low. Helps fight off future episodes!

And good luck camping!

4. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

OH I love S.D.C. got to go this year with my folks and I hope to be able to go back next year. Missed going to Grandpa's Mansion there.