Dumb question, parts name/ID

chrisarrick

Oct 10, 2017
North Central Indiana
84 Jayco here. The eye hooks (rather, question-mark shaped hooks) that connect the 4 lift wires to the main cable. I need to replace them. Is there a specific name for them? I’d rather rig an off the hardware store shelf solution for replacement, as well.

Thanks in advance!

tombiasi

Super Active Member
Sep 1, 2012
Northwestern New Jersey
84 Jayco here. The eye hooks (rather, question-mark shaped hooks) that connect the 4 lift wires to the main cable. I need to replace them. Is there a specific name for them? I’d rather rig an off the hardware store shelf solution for replacement, as well.

Thanks in advance!
It sounds like you are describing "S" hooks.

jnc

Welcome from New Hampshire
Oct 1, 2014
South Central New Hampshire
This what it should look like. Just remove one for comparison.
eye-bolts-816731-64_400_compressed.jpg

roybraddy

Super Active Member
Mar 23, 2016
King George, Virginia
They do look like they are on the flimsy side... especially if you have an air condtiioner on your trailer roof hehe...

Nothing real special here - replace with something stronger. Only thing you have to deal with is all four of those lines move at the same time the same distance...

My Starcraft trailer roof has these lifter arm safety posts that you can put in place to take the stress off the cables once the roof has been raised.
r9lt8JI.png

You could use a 2x4 cut to the right length and held in place with a tie wrap also...

Mine has two of these installed one in each opposite corner. Once in place I hit my electric raise switch to back off a tad to remove the high pressure on the cables.

Roy Ken
SoQ6BfGm.jpg

tenttrailer

Art & Joyce - Columbus, O
Jul 18, 2013
Thornville, OH
If you can find eye bolts that are the same diameter and length you could use them. You would need to cut off a section of the eye so your loop would go onto the eye. It looks like there should be 4. You need to replace all 4. I think adjustment for each corner cable rise height is done with the nut nuts on the hook. Have you tried calling jaco customer support to see if they have the part. If they do get the part number and order at local RV shop. Jaco will not sell directly to consumer.