Dump Potty Question

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by HappyTraveler, Jun 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. HappyTraveler

HappyTraveler Active Member

Me again!
    We haven't picked up our NTU 2007 Fleetwood Avalon camper, so can't figure this out for myself. Does the water for flushing come from the the whole camper fresh water tank, or does the toilet have it's own fresh water tank?

2. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

If it has the porcelain toilet (2008 models do), then it's from the fresh tank. If it's the cassette toilet, I think it also comes form the fresh tank.

Gee. That probably wasn't actually very helpful. :)

campfire Joe and HappyTraveler like this.
  3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Not sure about your avalon, but if you have a cassette toilet there is usually a separate reservoir container you fill up separately. That dark gray thing on my cassette toilet pulls out and that's where I fill up the tank. So at least on my Fleetwood Utah it is completely separate from your main tanks.
    PhotoPictureResizer_190606_130731169-738x1312.jpg

Sjm9911 and HappyTraveler like this.
  4. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

My 2008 StarCraft RT14 has the cassette potty with shower combo...

[​IMG]
    Google image

The Cassette Pottie has its own water tank along with a pull out Sewer tank on wheels accessed from the outside of the trailer..

[​IMG]
    Google image

You can pull this Bottom unit out and dump at a pit toilet or campground rest room building... The top pull out PVC pipe with green cap is where you fill the toilet reservoir...

The outside Cassette Toilet door is the smaller door next to the main door in this photo..
    [​IMG]
    Google image

Since we have done a lot of off-grid camping I have had to dig a hole back in the woods to dump my tank a few times...

The shower part of this is almost a joke to me. I have pull around curtains but the space is very small. Makes you sit on the pot and use the hand shower wand... All works just fine but just small quarters... You can also stand up shower too. When sitting on the pot taking a shower however you always wonder if you should flush or not hehe...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    HappyTraveler likes this.
  5. HappyTraveler

Toilet in the 2007 Avalon looks like the image below; think it's the same as the 2008 model.
    Capture.JPG

6. HappyTraveler

Yeah, was pretty sure it wasn't any type of "portable" cassette type toilet, but didn't know if it had it's own fresh water tank.
    Still waffling between whether we'll use it and deal with emptying the bw tank; either directly at the dump station (with trailer in tow) or into a honey pot, then empty the honey pot at the dump station.
    We have our little 5 gallon bw portapotty that is super easy to empty and I know that would fit in the shower/toilet area no problem.

BTW, was reading through old postings about different modifications and saw this one about adding hard walls to shower/toilet unit and ditching the shower curtain set-up: http://www.popupportal.com/threads/who-wants-hard-walls-for-their-inside-shower.76527/

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  7. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

According to the picture you have a "residential flushable commode". It has black tank underneath, and the fresh water pulls from your on board fresh water tank.
    Same as my '10 Niagara.

Sjm9911 and HappyTraveler like this.
  8. HappyTraveler

Thanks McFlyfi, that answers my question. :)

9. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

Yep that's the one. :)

10. roybraddy

I almost think this is cassette however in other 2007/2008 outside photos I was looking at on line I did not see an access door anywhere...

My trailer is pretty small inside and we are thinking of doing away with shower stall and just have a small cabinet that houses the pottie only...

[​IMG]
    Google image

That would give us a lot more room on that side my popup....

We wash up at the sink most of the time as we have a room divider pull curtain... or find a shower on the grounds...
    Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

11. roybraddy

Ignore all of my cassette stories hehe... Sounds like you have regular pot to make up some stories from...

Roy Ken

12. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

It depends on your specific camper. My incoming NTU mid 90s Coleman uses a 5 gallon portable toilet, not even a built in.

And FWIW, the OE port o potty is not part of the deal on mine, however while not exactly the same, in generalities the toilet we picked up is overall more or less the same as the OE toilet.

From the image upper left, do you see that screw on lid? That is the fill cap for the fresh tank for the toilet. The bottom section of the toilet is the black tank. They are held together by the paddle looking clamps. With elevation changes, be VERY careful with any sealed system toilet the first time you open the flush valve and do it with the lid closed, and open the valve SLOWLY. You don't want pressurized tank releasing its contents suddenly!
    [​IMG]

13. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I know this is older, but i think yours has a black tank because of the vent.

14. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

This looks like the casset is on the inside, so pulls out of the door on the right of the potty.

15. HappyTraveler

This is the pottapotty we have; got it a few years ago and it will fit in the "shower" bathroom of our Avalon perfectly.
    It's much easier to use for both the fresh water and emptying than the onboard fresh water tank and bw tank.
    Now, if we have full hook-ups with not just water and electric, but also sewer, then I'd have no problem using the onboard bathroom.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  16. HappyTraveler

Yes, it does have bw tank. And yes, it does have a vent. Who knew?

Sjm9911 likes this.