Dying Cushions

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Amyemacoco, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Amyemacoco

Amyemacoco New Member

Hey there,
    I am wondering if anyone has successfully dyed their camper cushions? Mine are in good shape but the normal ugly fabric. I guess I am feeling lazy and unsure about whether I wanna put the time and money into covering them myself. I was thinking about trying a darker color of RIT synthetic dye but after doing a YouTube search I could only find someone who was unsuccessful.
    Thanks for you input.

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

I've used fabric paint to do a color change on automotive carpeting. It seemed to hold up well and didn't leach. Maybe you can research that? Have you been to thepopupprincess.com yet? Lots of info on remodeling there.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    1380ken likes this.
  3. Amyemacoco

Amyemacoco New Member

Thank
    Thanks for the suggestion. It’s funny that there’s not much mention of it. I’m thinking that the fabric may be treated with something to help prevent staining that also makes it difficult to dye.

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Some cover them with cheap couch covers off amazon. So they slip over the existing covers. Just another idea.