East Harbor State Park (OH)

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by nomorecoop, Aug 29, 2012.

1. nomorecoop

nomorecoop Member

Heading up to East Harbor State Park for Labor Day weekend. Has anyone stayed there before? Looking for tips, tricks, and things to do!

2. jjkach

jjkach New Member

Hope you all have a great time and a great holiday! Happy camping!

3. battr23

battr23 New Member

I stayed there once a few years ago. Nice campground. I didn't stay on a holiday weekend so i might guess it be busy. There are some hiking trails near the lake and campground, and a path for riding bikes and such. There are games and playgrounds in the campground if you have kids, and the beach is not far from camp. It is a small park as it is mostly beach and campground. Not much more. If you have a boat or like to swim you can keep busy on the water.
    The ferry dock at Port Clinton is not too far of a drive from the park which makes a day trip to Put in Bay or another island easy. I spent an afternoon doing just that when I was there.
    Happy camping!

Sent using Tapatalk 2

4. chuckee09

chuckee09 New Member

Great park and even better location. We try to make it up there atleast once a year. One thing about the campsites though is if you have a pet or non-site. In the Pet section they really pack you in like sardines. Over in the Non-pet section they have nice pull through sites and give you alot more room. If you take bikes, ride the bikes out of the campground and out towards the lake along the paved bike path. Once you get out to the lake, instead of turning left and going to the public beach area to swim, go the right and all the way to the end of the parking areas. There will be a gate with a trail on the other side. Ride around the gate and go down the trail till you get the 2nd or 3rd access point to the lake on your left. This is what the locals call the boaters beach. No lifeguards here but less people and a great place to spend the day in the water or just sitting on the sand. Love the place. Have fun.