I last camped back in Dec 2014. Two days ago, I open up ole Marmaduke to add some items. The lift went OK but the battery died just as it got fully expanded. Now I can't lower it (which is OK for now). The battery is only 1 yr old so it should be good - my guess is it was sitting so long, it died. I had a 30amp electrical socket put in my garage to use when I work on the camper. My questions are: If I plug the camper in, will this allow the top to lower? Will this charge the battery? I'm guessing I need a "kill switch, but I have no idea how to install one.