eCustomRim, you dont always get what you pay for

Discussion in 'RV Dealers & Repair Shops' started by Sjm9911, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Ok , so here goes. I ordered a tire on ecustomrim on amazon.com. They sent me the wrong brand of tire in the wrong load range. Ok. So I will chaulk that up to a mistake. As i didn't want to chance getting another wrong tire, i ordered my 2nd favorite brand , again ecustomrim sent me the wrong brand. So , now i have two new tires waoting to get sent back. I did email them as to why i can not recive the brand tire i ordered and will update with that info as i get it. I wasn't going to start this thread but , i was thinking that they sent me , twice , inferior product, that costs less then what i ordered. I was going to let them try to get this right for me, but with an upcomming trip in 2 weeks time i really dont want to chance it. Attached os what was ordered and what was recived. So I ordered a nobel tire load range d , and recived a rainier tire load range c. I then ordered a raineir tire load range d and recived a trailor king load range d. ( the trailor king is 10$ cheaper anywhere else and has bad ratings, plus not what i want.) Ecustomrim sells through amazon and wallmart. In fact i have ordered 4 tires at diffrent times for my pup without problems in the past. For now , i would avoid them , as i feel this is bait and switch sales tactics. Lets see how they respond. Screenshot_20200720-195452_Samsung Internet.jpg 20200720_195134.jpg 20200720_195139.jpg Screenshot_20200720-195434_Samsung Internet.jpg 20200720_195149.jpg

2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for the heads up! I would say it’s time to visit your local tire shop!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

When it comes to tires I'd never order them online as there's no guarantee the tires received will have been recently manufactured, as indicated by the date code. Always buy tires locally where you can inspect each tire for it's manufacturing date code.

4. Sjm9911

I ordered the tire while i was away, so i had someone bring me the tire so i had a good spare when i traveled home. ( i never used it or mounted it just had it with me just in case) Plus they were the only place that had the same tire as was on my camper. The idea was to have the same tread pattern and 4 of the same tires, instead of all different ones. Even now , local places dont have anything that i can use.

5. Sjm9911

Ok , after a few emails, they said they will send me out the correct tire! So that is something. They also said there is a tire shortage, that i cant find any information about. Ill up date on when i get the new tire. So at least they are trying to make it corect.

6. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Tire shortage... must be related to the coin shortage, dish soap shortage.... paper towel shortage?? they’re made three blocks from my house!! [:(!]

Sjm9911 likes this.
  7. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

This is a bummer, no excuse for them. Glad they are going to fix it. I have to say, I've ordered a handful of things from them (trailer wheels, lug nuts, u-bolts) and they have done well by me. Even though some of the orders were not prime eligible, they even got them to me faster than prime items ordered at the same time.

Sjm9911 likes this.