Ed Allen's Campground

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by nkcrouch, Feb 2, 2019.

1. nkcrouch

nkcrouch Member

Good Evening All!

My family and I are planning a trip to the Williamsburg area in May. I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on Ed Allen's campground. It seems like a good option for being between Williamsburg and Charlottesville (1.5 hrs +/-). Most of what we want to do is in Williamsburg, but there are a few things we would like to do near Charlottesville. This will be a 12 day trip. Does anyone have any opinions about this campground before I book it?
    Thank you so much!

2. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Active Member

You might hear trains from time to time. We stayed at Rockahock, which is next door. There is a fairly busy train track that you will have to cross to enter either of the campgrounds. We got caught by trains when we arrived and when we left.

Have a great trip!

3. nkcrouch

nkcrouch Member

Thank you for this! We love trains; however, I do think we will request a site towards the back of the campground just to put a little distance between us and the sound/shaking. We live about a mile from a train right now, and we love listening to it, but I don't think I would want to sleep right next to it!

4. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

5. nkcrouch

nkcrouch Member

Thank you! Chickahominy Riverfront Park looks nice. I do wonder though, in what ways Ed Allen's is run down.

6. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

They only place I've been near Williamsburg was April 2018 at Jellystone Glouchester Point. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The grandkids loved it, even the DQT had fun.

nkcrouch likes this.