Electric Lift Issues--2009 Flagstaff HW 27 SC

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by mdneal2007, Sep 7, 2019.

1. mdneal2007

mdneal2007 New Member

My husband and I were doing some maintenance on the camper. I had opened it some just to be able to open the side door a little. He came out and said he needed to get in and get something so he needed to open it up more---went and hit the button for it to go up and there was nothing. The motor still works on going down but nothing for going up. I thought it was the limits switch so I tried to raise the limits and...nothing. I know it is not the battery or fuse because it runs to go down. I also took the batteries off and to the auto shop to have them tested and they checked out. I thought it was either the relay or the power limits switch itself. I took to the dealership today and they advised that you can't just replace the relay or limit switch by itself...you have to replace the whole power lift system. I find this odd because I have found the parts online. My question is....have any of you replaced the limits switch or relay on your Carefree PowerWinch? Is it difficult? Any special parts.

2. cabranch47

cabranch47 Member

It could be the "up - down" switch itself. they have been known to fail. Try reversing the connections and see if anything changes.

3. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Active Member

I have an electric winch on my 2003 viking. I don't have relays, but it has an upper and a Lower limit switch. I've had to adjust the upper limit switch so many times because of a new cable stretch that I don't even use the upper switch any longer. I just watch the little green limit cable to get the proper height. If you think the upper limit switch is bad, try shorting it out and see if the motor will run. If it does, then you can decide on a proper repair procedure.