electric lift - will only raise halfway on a full battery?

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by PUPnoob5, Jun 13, 2019.

1. LivinLife

LivinLife New Member

I haven't read anything reflecting a manual override on my electric winch which I love. I will definitely check for this on my lift because I would NOT want to get stuck if my electric lift dies. Thanks for the good information.

2. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a picture of your winch. Can you upload one?

3. LivinLife

LivinLife New Member

Hi! I can snap and upload a picture tomorrow. I've taken the PUP out 3 times since buying it without incident. Now, it's not lifting up all the way. The cable becomes taut as if the roof is fully extended. I added some spray lubricant underneath, on the wench, cables, and telescoping braces. I need to find some grease. Any suggestions? I finally was able to get it to lift from initial 4 inches to a total of 7 1/2" inches before darkness set it. It continues to stop, though, so I suspect it hasn't been greased in a while. Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.

4. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

I'll be interested in what you find out is causing the issue.

5. LivinLife

LivinLife New Member

6. LivinLife

LivinLife New Member

So - I’m finally back in town and worked on the lift again. More spray layers on the winch teeth, cable, and telescoping poles and the camper lifts to 11 1/2”. This is a very slow process. Is this normal? The cable remains taut each time it stops lifting. I hate to take it out for the weekend because I’m afraid the cable is catching on a pulley. Pic is too large to upload..