electric lift - will only raise halfway on a full battery?

LivinLife

Jun 26, 2019
TX
The manual override on my electric winch is nothing more than a 7/16 bolt head on top of the worm gear on the motor. You really wouldn't know it was a manual override unless you had and read the manual. I have easy access to the winch and can easily raise and low my top with an 18-volt cordless hand drill. I can hold the drill with one hand and can raise and lower the top twice before the battery goes dead. Again, I'd love to see some photos of your system. The winch and the underside of the camper.
I haven't read anything reflecting a manual override on my electric winch which I love. I will definitely check for this on my lift because I would NOT want to get stuck if my electric lift dies. Thanks for the good information.

LivinLife

Jun 26, 2019
TX
Hi! I can snap and upload a picture tomorrow. I've taken the PUP out 3 times since buying it without incident. Now, it's not lifting up all the way. The cable becomes taut as if the roof is fully extended. I added some spray lubricant underneath, on the wench, cables, and telescoping braces. I need to find some grease. Any suggestions? I finally was able to get it to lift from initial 4 inches to a total of 7 1/2" inches before darkness set it. It continues to stop, though, so I suspect it hasn't been greased in a while. Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.

LivinLife

Jun 26, 2019
TX
Hi! I can snap and upload a picture tomorrow. I've taken the PUP out 3 times since buying it without incident. Now, it's not lifting up all the way. The cable becomes taut as if the roof is fully extended. I added some spray lubricant underneath, on the wench, cables, and telescoping braces. I need to find some grease. Any suggestions? I finally was able to get it to lift from initial 4 inches to a total of 7 1/2" inches before darkness set it. It continues to stop, though, so I suspect it hasn't been greased in a while. Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.

LivinLife

Jun 26, 2019
TX
So - I’m finally back in town and worked on the lift again. More spray layers on the winch teeth, cable, and telescoping poles and the camper lifts to 11 1/2”. This is a very slow process. Is this normal? The cable remains taut each time it stops lifting. I hate to take it out for the weekend because I’m afraid the cable is catching on a pulley. Pic is too large to upload..