Electric Mobility Scooters

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by buckeye75, Apr 13, 2015.

1. buckeye75

buckeye75 New Member

For the first time, both my wife and I will be taking our electric mobility scooters camping with us. We will be boondocking for 9 days and will be using a generator for recharging the scooter batteries. Any one else use these electric mobility scooters while camping? What experiences have you had and what should we look out for???

2. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

DW has a full electric wheelchair. We don't boondock though. We find handicapped friendly campgrounds and she typically has no issues getting around.

most chair/scooter batteries are just lawn tractor batteries that are sealed so if you can charge em off a solar charger (which I have done). It also means if your batteries are dead and wont take a charge you can replace them at any big box store that carries lawn tractor batteries till you get back home.

Been there and done that.
    Good Luck
    Jerry in MA

3. wolfwalkerpa

wolfwalkerpa New Member

We both have bad knees and the scooter is a blessing .Makes getting to the bathroom and shower real easy .After taking out the battery its not bad loading it in the Ranger.