Electric worm getter

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by chrisxs5, Jun 26, 2014.

1. chrisxs5

chrisxs5 Test

Thinking a maybe a 3 pole version on some clamps for pups battery would be cool. Anyone ever made one or think a 12v battery would produce any results? Could make it 110 to plug into the pup.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2-kfbjxKLc

2. WeRJuliIan

WeRJuliIan If it's "Aluminum", why not "Sodum" and "Uranum"?

Pup battery, yes, though beware of wet ground..a fuse might be a good idea.
    The traditional "lantern battery" would be better... Much less current available...

110v? Absolutely not. If you're lucky, you will blow a breaker. If not, you'll create either a shock hazard or a fire hazard

3. nfisherman

nfisherman Member

I doubt you'd have much luck with the PUP battery. As for the a/c version, I remember when such devices were sold commercially. They were recalled and sales stopped because they were too dangerous. It would be much safer to take a trip to a local bait shop or go out with a flashlight after a rain and learn how to catch night crawlers. It's not hard when you get the hang of it.

4. Mark60

Mark60 Member

I used 1/2” rod and bent a 90 degree For handle and sharpened the end you stick in the ground, Cut the female plug off a drop cord. Wrap the Hot wire black or red on the handle with the insulation removed. Tape off the white wire, put a piece of rubber water hose over the handle covering the wire. Plug it in and if you feel a vibrating pulse when you stick it in the ground it’s polarized right, if not swap wires, worms will come out of ground quick.