After our 1 year old daughter was diagnosed with a rare form of Muscular Dystrophy (SMA type 1) we took a couple of years to build the confidence to even try our pup again. I'll cut to the chase here- last weekend we spent one night camping at a state park nearby to see if we could pull it off. My daughter needs some medical equipment through the night- the biggest item is the bipap machine (same one used for sleep apnea) but there is also a pulse-O2 meter and suction machine, not to mention the pump that runs food throughout the night. My understanding of the electrical system on our '97 Viking Pup is very limited. When we plugged the 30 amp plug in at the camp site, we didn't have any power to outlets or the dome light in the pup. We ran an extension cord directly from the campsite hookups to a power strip and plugged in the medical equipment there. There was a pretty powerful lightening storm right after we put the kids down and we were nervous that we were at a greater risk because of all the medical equipment. Overall we had a blast and we want to go for a full weekend of camping in a couple of weeks. Here are my questions: 1. The battery on the tounge of the pup is no doubt dead- could that be why the pup didn't get power from the 30 amp plug in? I'd love t have the electrical system up and running for a full weekend trip. Could a new battery fix it? 2. Is it safe to use the extension cord/power-strip approach? Any thoughts are much appreciated. We just want to get back into our pup and create some special camping memories for the kids.