Elixir ELX-30 converter problems?

Discussion in 'Power - Site Power/Batteries/Generators/Solar' started by brainradio, Mar 14, 2010.

1. brainradio

brainradio 2000 Palomino Colt

I posted this on another forum earlier, but I think this forum may lend itself better to my question.

I have a ELX-30 power converter and i am not sure what it is supposed to do.

The harness on my truck allows for lights only. My palomino colt has 2 harnesses - a 4 pole flat which runs the lights nicely and a 8 pin which I don't use (the extra connections are for optional brakes and from what I can tell running the fridge while driving).

When I plug in the PU to 15A, i have power to all the 120V recepticles. there is however no 12v power leaving the ELX-30. Should their be? I understand that the converter is used to charge a 12V battery (which I don't have), but should it not also convert 120vAC to 12vDC for the interior lights?

I should add that I hear a ticking sound from the converter and that the cooling fan is not running.
    thanks