End of the season closing in on us

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Manper, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Manper

Manper New Member

As I putz around reserve america to look for sites anytime after Labor Day weekend I am coming to the very sad realization that the End of Colorado Camping Season is approaching very fast. Many of our campgrounds close September 7th with many more closing the 18th and nearley all closing the 25th. The few that do stay open are mearly open for the hunters.

Our first full season with the pup has been a great one full of many camping nights too area's we have never been. I plan to squeeze out every last night I can before winterizing and laying the manper to rest for the season. I have so many mod's in my head and just can't wait to get all them done. Thanks to everyone who has posted a mod for all the great idea's :)

I can not wait till next spring/summer as we are hoping to attend a few ralies and meet fellow puper's and puxer's!

2. bradnailer

bradnailer New Member

Perhaps you can head south. Our Texas SP's are open year round.

3. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I second that idea. I am considering a trip to the SW deserts later in the Fall.

4. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

Some in NJ make it to November, my favorite time. Cool, no people, campfire and your hunny to keep warm.
    ms

5. outdoorxman

outdoorxman The mountains are calling me and I must go.

MO SP CGs are open all year as well as the ACoE CGs. Water is shutoff around the end of October though in the northern part of the state.

We just got back from CO last night from an 18 day trip. Love the state! We'd be there more often if it weren't for the 2 day drive across Kansas (just a long drive lengthwise across the state). Sounds like we just made it!

Phil

6. jtbeck

jtbeck New Member

Not for me. This miserable, hot summer can't end soon enough for me! My camping season is going to be getting underway as soon as the weather breaks and the leaves start to change. I love fall camping! If it's too hot and dry to have a campfire, I don't want to be there!

7. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

I like fall camping the best we have a rally here in Ky at the end of Oct last year went in mid oct it was cold had fire that was nice frind of mine went to he said it wa to cold.

8. TwistedElvis

TwistedElvis New Member

I sure do feel for you as our season is year round in So Cal [;)]

9. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Around here, (New England area) Columbus day is when just about all of the CG's and SP's close, which is in the middle of foliage season in most places [:!]). And I thought that was too early!
    I love fall camping and am thinking of heading south in late October so I can still go.

-Chris

10. northernmum

northernmum just starting out!

Things will be closing up around here very soon too. I'm hoping to squeeze in one more trip this summer. This is our first season, and we've got to get a bit more in before the snow hits!

11. ilovecamping

ilovecamping New Member

Most of the cgs around here, IL, are open until mid to later Oct. Then some will just shut the water off but you can still camp and have electric. They also shut down the bathhouses. We usually try to get to Branson the weekend before Thanksgiving for our last trip of the season. If the weather holds we will still go even if winterized. We have a porta potty and carry jugs of water.

12. tampajim

tampajim New Member

We're lucky in Floria, our camping season doesn't really start until October....come om down and enjoy your off season with us.

13. mkaczala

mkaczala Member

Unfortunatly our campiong season ended two weeks ago. With busy season @ work coming up and kids back to school can not schedule another trip this year. We wait all winter long (and winters are too long) and dream about summer, and just like that they pass us bye. [:(]

14. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

We can camp up 'til the first snow in the mountains, then we park it for the year. I don't like to tow in the mountains in the snow.

15. jim1999

jim1999 New Member

I know several state park CG's here in IL that are open all year long, but as you said they shut the water off and close the bathhouses in early fall.

16. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

most if not all close or reduce services after labor day weekend. Kids back in school, temps drop, and the camping bug goes into hibernation till around January 15th.

17. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

The upside to the end of camping season is this is a great time to BUY. People are making their decisions to either upgrade, downsize, not bother with storage or get out of it all together. The market will begin to show.

Ciao,

18. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

Right,
    More pups are on ebay now than any other time of the year.

19. jtbeck

jtbeck New Member

That's pretty much the case in KY, too. I think Oct. 31 is the last day for water (at least in the public CG's). I don't think that it's turned back on until April 1st or so.

20. astronomynv

astronomynv 98 Starcraft Constellation 1021 TV 93 Ford Bronco

I tend to camp through the second weekend in November. One thing that's nice abut NV is most of the state is BLM so if you don't mind going with out you can camp year round if you wanted to.