estes park co

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by kreich, May 7, 2012.

1. kreich

kreich Member

We are headed to Estes Park Co. this weekend for a few days. Anyone have a good place that you can drive to see nature. We have a 4x4 so able to venture off a little.

2. CREEPPINGCHARLIE

CREEPPINGCHARLIE CAMPING RECHARGES THE HUMAN MIND

Try this site (rockymountainnationalpark.com/pages/four_wheeling.html) for info on FWD roads and scenic drives in the area of Estes Park. I hope you have a good time while your here in Colorado. For a lot of mining history and old buildings from the late 1800's visit Central City. There are FWD roads in that area and lots of scenery. [8D]

3. RobertGreenlee

RobertGreenlee Member

Where are you staying in Estes park? We will be staying at the KOA there this weekend. Not going to be very warm but I guess that is what heat is for.

4. johnsagraves

johnsagraves New Member

We stayed at a campground that was available through passportamerica.com. might what to check it out. I forget the restrictions. John

5. kreich

kreich Member

We are staying at the Paradise rv park up there. We are traveling Saturday and leaving on Wednesday.

6. RobertGreenlee

RobertGreenlee Member

Have a great time. We are coming up Friday evening and leaving Sunday.

7. kreich

kreich Member

Have a great time also. We are in a new white Titan Crew Cab 4x4 with FISHFTR tag from KS. We will be driving all over every where.

8. Troutfishing

Troutfishing Member

let us know how your trip went, thinking about going back to the mountains this summer.....

9. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

Have a good time.......Estes Park is great, always takes me back to my childhood. We still get up there about once a year or so when we're visiting my Grandmother in Ft. Collins. Pretty much any road or hwy around there is going to offer up some beautiful and scenic driving....really can't go wrong. The town itself get's pretty crowded with tourists, but it's still a good time as far as I'm concerned; I get very nostalgic when I'm there.

10. RobertGreenlee

RobertGreenlee Member

We had a great time as well. were a bit surprised when it started snowing after we arrived on Friday evening.
    [​IMG]

Saturday morning was still a bit chilly but beautiful out. We went and rented a pontoon boat and hung out on the lake for a little bit.
    [​IMG]

Even saw some elk lounging on the side of the trail near the lake
    [​IMG]