etrailer.com

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Quackerjacks, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Quackerjacks

Quackerjacks New Member

[​IMG]

So I ordered this replacement light from eTrailer and it showed up like this - it looks used and was totally unpackaged without any mounting materials. Is this typical?

Also, it has aluminum wires, is that also normal? I thought that went out in the 70s?

2. Beecoach

Beecoach Member

Odd, that fixture looks quite old. And dirty. I'd contact them ASAP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Contact etrailer.com and give them a chance to make it right. They seem very willing to help and provide a quality product, and they may not know this is the condition a product they sold arrived to you.

4. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Aluminum wires are common in cheap low voltage lights. But it does look used... did you contact Etrailer?

5. Quackerjacks

Quackerjacks New Member

I just shot them an email with the picture. I had to install it because the old light was creating a short. It was unpackaged and didn't have any mounting hardware. I care less about that that I do the fixture itself and the use of aluminum wires.

6. PHijduk

PHijduk New Member

I wonder if someone pulled a fast one and returned their old one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

That thing is filthy and used. I would not have installed it, short or not. I would have just capped off the wires because that thing needs to go back. [:O]

8. Quackerjacks

Quackerjacks New Member

So it's been a week and I have yet to hear back from etrailer regarding my two emails so I finally got around to calling.

I was really disappointed with their response once I got them on the phone. They said "that's just how they come to us and I really don't see anything wrong with it." To me, that's a little absurd and we went back and forth for a while. Eventually after I got a little hot about it they agreed to send a replacement with prepaid return shipping.

That should have been an immediate "yep, sorry, we will send a new one" and no more would need to be said.

Needless to say that will be my last purchase from them.

9. Chef Ron

Chef Ron Member

Call your credit card company and have them reverse the charges. That kind of customer service is unacceptable.

10. fallsrider

fallsrider Active Member

That is not at all the experience I have had with etrailer on several purchases. They have always been real stand-up. I hope you have a better result with them next time.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

11. mattcrecelius

mattcrecelius New Member

I'll never use etrailer again. I ordered their brake controller wiring kit and mounting bracket for the trailer plug. 4 days went by and they emailed to tell me that it won't ship for 4 weeks because of a back order on the mounting bracket. They offered to cancel the bracket and ship the wiring kit. I said absolutely, then I heard nothing for 10 days. I called after 10 days to see what was the problem. They apologized and said shipping would take 5-10 more days or I could pick it up. So I drove 45 minutes to pick up the wiring kit. Then they tried to charge me the full amount including shipping. They had to refund the shipping and cost of the mounting bracket. Overall, just a bad experience.

12. michaeltdyer

michaeltdyer Member

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. I bought a wiring harness kit and a trailer hitch from them for my Volvo XC90 and it arrived promptly and in perfect condition. I was very happy with the entire experience, and of course, they are a sponsor of this site.