Eureka stove to replace the Suburban stove

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by geologist1, Jul 15, 2021.

1. geologist1

geologist1 Member

Bought a Eureka propane stove ( Eureka.jpg to replace the Suburban 2 burner stove 2-burner_stove_black_front_thmb.jpg

This way we can cook under a shelter and the Eureka is so much easier to store. Also gone is the large propane tank.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

How well does the Eureka work? I have heard good things about flame control and simmer capability. So many stoves these days have a knob range of about 1/8" between off and afterburner.

I bought a small 4.5 lb lpg tank and really like it. Can run multiple stoves and a lantern off it, for much less weight/space than a normal 20 lb tank takes up. I usually run a stove and a grill or Blackstone griddle, but have been known to have 2 stoves running with a grill as well.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. geologist1

geologist1 Member

The Eureka is so much better at flame control than the Suburban! The Suburban was either "on" or "off" and the knobs always got hot to the touch. Wish I had made the switch along time ago!

I now have a Home Depot bucket with a screw top lid in place of the old 20 lb tank.