Eureka stove to replace the Suburban stove

geologist1

Mar 26, 2017
Jacksonville FL
Bought a Eureka propane stove ( Eureka.jpg to replace the Suburban 2 burner stove 2-burner_stove_black_front_thmb.jpg

This way we can cook under a shelter and the Eureka is so much easier to store. Also gone is the large propane tank.

Sneezer

Super Active Member
Aug 8, 2015
DFW, TX
How well does the Eureka work? I have heard good things about flame control and simmer capability. So many stoves these days have a knob range of about 1/8" between off and afterburner.

I bought a small 4.5 lb lpg tank and really like it. Can run multiple stoves and a lantern off it, for much less weight/space than a normal 20 lb tank takes up. I usually run a stove and a grill or Blackstone griddle, but have been known to have 2 stoves running with a grill as well.

geologist1

Mar 26, 2017
Jacksonville FL
The Eureka is so much better at flame control than the Suburban! The Suburban was either "on" or "off" and the knobs always got hot to the touch. Wish I had made the switch along time ago!

I now have a Home Depot bucket with a screw top lid in place of the old 20 lb tank.

Canadarago

Jun 18, 2018
Mooresville NC
Bought a Eureka propane stove ( View attachment 76920 to replace the Suburban 2 burner stove View attachment 76921

This way we can cook under a shelter and the Eureka is so much easier to store. Also gone is the large propane tank.
If you need more
Burners, pick up a butane stove. I use one to make coffee outdoors and cook/fry foods that would smell up the camper. Sometimes you can catch a so gel burner model for as little as $12 when there’s a sale.