Ever cancel due to heat?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Yooperwannabe, Aug 23, 2013.

1. busdriverwc75

busdriverwc75 Chester County, PA

Nope, we've never canceled due to heat. We don't have any AC in our home, so it doesn't really matter to us. We take battery or electric fans, depending on our site, & hope for some shade.

2. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

I watch the long term weather forecasts and guess on my own knowing the weather will change depending on certain things mainly barometric pressure then decide when to go. Skipped this holiday weekend. Today is 100 degrees with heat index of 110. the weather is going to break Sunday and be in the low 80's with lows of 57 where Im headed starting Monday. I also managed to dodge the rain the last 4 time I have been camping. Call me lucky I guess but I like to think of it as being an amateur meteorologists. :)

3. JulesCamper

JulesCamper Indianapolis, IN

I have been when it is high 90's it can be miserable but make sure to keep hydrated with lots of water. I would rather camp like that than to be cold where one cannot enjoy the outside.

4. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

We just got used to it here, and last night it was only 78°F in the house. I was cold! This gives me an idea... ;)