Ever watched "The Long, Long Trailer" while on a camping trip?

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Other Activities' started by whitecastleman, Aug 6, 2015.

1. whitecastleman

whitecastleman Member

I bought the DVD on Amazon for $5 and brought it along on a recent camping trip to watch in case it rained. It did rain and I thoroughly enjoyed this classic from 1953 starring Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez. The portrayal of "trailer-ites" (people staying at campgrounds) was spot on in some regards. :) I loved it when they pull up to the campground office with their 40-foot trailer and the attendant takes over to park it and hitch up all the utilities while the owners go in to the office to register. What service!

2. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

Enjoy the movie immensely, but not while camping. We only have a radio for entertainment.......that, and the other crazies we camp with. [:D] And don't deny it......you know who you are. [;)]

3. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

I just watched that movie last week and laughed my butt off!! And did you notice his tow vehicle?? I would have expected a semi would be needed to pull that 'mobile home'. [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

[:D]

4. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

Classic!
    Some here on the portal would request any movie BUT that on movie night at the CG... Because the have seen it so many times!
    [:D]

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

Hahahhaha

6. Wild-Life

Wild-Life Active Member

great movie classic with so many elements to laugh at if you have ever pulled a camper.

7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

It is a great classic, I like RV even better, I laughed so hard watching it I thought I would crack some ribs.

8. SmilinBeard

SmilinBeard Member

I watched it a long, long time ago. I just reserved a copy from our local library to take on our next trip!

9. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Someone recently gave me a copy. I watched it during my next camping trip.

10. ~erik~

~erik~ Active Member

Watching this film was a group activity at our National Aliner Rally in Cherokee, NC about a month ago. It was a lot of fun. I highly recommend the film to anyone who's into pulling a trailer or camper. Applying the trailer brakes was certainly different back then.....

11. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I don't know how this topic popped up for me, beings it's so old, but it did.

I have that movie on DVD that I got out of the $1 bin at Walmart. It's one of the ones in those super skinny cases. I've only watched it once, but it was really cute. I'll have to take it camping some time.

We've got RV as well. The sewer scene with all the "regulars" at the desert trailer park was the best! The very beginning of the movie reminds me of something one of my daughters would have said when they were teenagers, "Mom, look what your husband just parked in front of the house!" or something to that effect. [LOL]