Extender arms - not fully extending?

Discussion in 'Stabilizing Your Camper' started by HappyHoward4, Jul 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. HappyHoward4

HappyHoward4 New Member

Hi - new to posting here so I am unsure if this is the correct area. We have a 1985 Palomino that for the most part, is in great shape. We are unsure though if the the extender/lift arms (I’m sure I am using the wrong term) that should be providing support are actually fully extending. The front right one does - the other three don’t appear to lock in a fully straight position. Is this normal? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  2. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

might want to post this in the "lift system" category. Stabilizing the camper usually has to do with what's going on with the camper parts that touch the ground.

HappyHoward4 likes this.
  3. Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear Active Member

I wouldn't think it is "normal". I'm not familiar with this particular model of pup but I had a similar setup on my first one, an '88 Sun lite. The arms would snap into the upright position under tension from heavy springs under the camper and then there was a sleeve that slid down over the joint to hold everything in place.